• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

The Kings Of Flavor....Not Of Heat

ah thanks.
I really need to expand my list of chilis I have tried.
mine consists like of only 10 different types or something. :)

texas blues said:
I have been eating mine like candy. Would be a hit if you could make a pop rock version of the pequins. Sweet, heat, then...blam!

Cheers, TB.

Dark chocolate covered pequins? Crazy? Badass? Both?

Not a lot of experience with different varieties, but for sheer omg that tastes so good-value and the pepper I'm currently missing the most during the long winter:

Ripe red Jalapenos.

I drool when I think about them. Not real hot so I can eat them all day, intense fruity flavor, not too small but not too big, for me a lovely red jal is just about perfect.

Skydiver said:
Not a lot of experience with different varieties, but for sheer omg that tastes so good-value and the pepper I'm currently missing the most during the long winter:

Ripe red Jalapenos.

I drool when I think about them. Not real hot so I can eat them all day, intense fruity flavor, not too small but not too big, for me a lovely red jal is just about perfect.

No what you mean im down to about 4 Jars of Jalas and pickled/Canned them green and Ripe,Personally i love ripe Jalas my other half prefers them green,But there are a great all rounder and the most grown pepper :P

munchzilla said:
ah thanks.
I really need to expand my list of chilis I have tried.
mine consists like of only 10 different types or something. :cheers:

Don't worry, just grow about 50 varities next season and you'll catch up in no time at all!

gotta say that I know the 7 Pot is an extreme superhot, but I love the taste of that pepper...I am now making my morning chicken broth, and putting a fresh slice of 7 Pot in it...geez that stuff is good...

Chiliac said:
Don't worry, just grow about 50 varities next season and you'll catch up in no time at all!

haha if I only could get that many types of seed. actually.. that's not impossible, in fact might be quite easy... our garden might work great to grow chilis on.
I have to write down a list of chilis I should grow

Speaking of taste vs heat, has anyone tried the NuMex Suave Orange from NMSU? Orange hab with all the taste but only 800SHU?

Skydiver said:
Speaking of taste vs heat, has anyone tried the NuMex Suave Orange from NMSU? Orange hab with all the taste but only 800SHU?

Yep tried the red and orange very nice indeed as seasoning peppers :)

My faves at the moment would have to be Aji Umba, Congo Trinidad and Lemondrop. Specially the Aji Umba, has some heat but lots and lots of flavor.
Growing lots of different seasoning Peppers this year, so will be interesting to see how they turn out.

Have not tried the Umber so nice to no that it has a good flavor,Lots of seasoning and low heat peppers on my grow list to :)

talas said:
Have not tried the Umber so nice to no that it has a good flavor,Lots of seasoning and low heat peppers on my grow list to ;)

You will have to give them a try next season Talas. Can send you some seed if you are keen.

For flavor without heat, I think my favorite pepper is the Venezuelan Sweet Habanero. And, for flavor with heat my favorite is the Wild Brazil.

Alan

Back