• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

The Last Great Pizza Thread

'Bout time we had a thread for all those that make their own dough and sauce. Too many good cooks on THP to let something as magnificent as that king of foods, pizza go unnoticed on this forum. This thread however comes with some rules to post...

1) Make your own dough and post the recipe. Thin crust. Whole wheat. Foccacia. NY or Chicago style. Naan....your choice!

2) Make your own sauce and post the recipe. Red. White. Olive oil w/ garlic. Whatever gets your mojo workin'!

3) Mandatory that it brings teh heat. Habs. Serrano's. Bhut's. T-Scorps. Fatalli. Hot sauce's and puree's will qualify. Using wimp sauce's such as Tabasco Brand or Franks will
be ridiculed with extreme prejudice and boooooed heavily!

4) Toppings can be anything. Pepperoni. Avocado. Greek olives. Pulled pork. If it came out of the ground or walked, swam or crawled, its all cool and the gang!

5) Bake them in the oven on a sheet pan. In cast iron. A pizza stone. On the grill. Got a wood fired pizza oven? Have mercy!

6) Pics are mandatory! Anyone can talk smack about it but put up or shut up. No pics? It never happened and ridiculing and boooooing will follow. Capiche?

Alright ya'll, lets get it on.....

This place smokes their own in house, it's still tender inside like the daily mozz they sell, if you smoke it too hard it becomes rubber like the supermarket stuff with the brown skin... I think they use a little electric smoker, it tastes awesome...

The Hot Pepper said:
This place smokes their own in house, it's still tender inside like the daily mozz they sell, if you smoke it too hard it becomes rubber like the supermarket stuff with the brown skin... I think they use a little electric smoker, it tastes awesome...

Muddy Waters invented 'lectricity.

Good enough for the chair.

Good enough for smoking.

Luhr-Jensen Mini Chief.

'Nuff said.

So, eating a totinos cause i'm sick and too lazy to cook. I suddenly remembered something from my childhood that I used to love. Lemon Pepper on pizza. When I was a kid in Arizona places used to give packets of lemon pepper with your pizza sorta like cheese or crushed red peppers. Not sure if it was a regional thing or maybe just the place we always ordered from. Anyone know?

Decided to try a french bread pizza after seeing the boss's and it was delicious.

Attachments

• 20181101_173609.jpg
    20181101_173609.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 20181101_181647.jpg
    20181101_181647.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 20181101_182125.jpg
    20181101_182125.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 63
Grassy.

That pizza.

There's a fine line.

Between.

Drunk night.

And.

Date night.

Date night.

Sometimes we go out.

But mostly me cooking.

Washing the dishes.

And sleeping in the wet spot.

Pizza.

Date night.

When its good.

Its great.

When its bad....

Its still pretty damn good!

texas blues said:

Why not now?

Pita pizza?

Been doing it for years.

Love it long time.

On another note.

Now I got a jones.

For a gyro.

Why does any man change habits?  lol 
I used to always have them on hand when I was a bachelor  and did all the shopping.  
My wife tries to keep me out of grocery stores now , and does most of the grocery shopping, as I tend to buy whatever looks good  and blow the budget. 
She doesn't like thin middle eastern style pita, but the thicker  style, so life moves on .  
Plus between the two of us cooking, there is almost always decent meals in the house , instead of me needing to  throw something fast and easy together when I get home from work. 

DAMN!!  There's some killer pizzas here!!

See what ya'll done made me do, It's on tonight., I started the dough last night and already screwed it up. 
100_3288.JPG

Since I'm a virgin I was just hoping for something besides a hockey puck for a crust and it was good for a rookie. Lessons learned tonight, next time should be better.

I'm too buzzed and tired to explain the pics but you'll get it. The peppers are Cowboy Candy and some fresh jalapenos from the garden.

Parm and a mix for the cheese
100_3308.JPG

I have a GE gas stove and it cranks to 550=bonus!!!

100-3291.jpg

100-3292.jpg

100-3293.jpg

100-3294.jpg

100-3295.jpg

100-3296.jpg

100-3298.jpg

100-3299.jpg

100-3300.jpg

100-3301.jpg

100-3302.jpg

100-3303.jpg

100-3304.jpg

100-3305.jpg

100-3306.jpg

I messed up the dough and let it proof too long but it's a starting point and better than frozen pizza. Learning the process of cranking the oven and then the broiler is a little tricky trying to balance the heat.

I'll get that eventually!

:lol: That's a sin? Have you seen some of your posts??? :lol: Ah well, I will trust the Gorton's Fisherman.

Back