• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

The Last Great Pizza Thread

'Bout time we had a thread for all those that make their own dough and sauce. Too many good cooks on THP to let something as magnificent as that king of foods, pizza go unnoticed on this forum. This thread however comes with some rules to post...

1) Make your own dough and post the recipe. Thin crust. Whole wheat. Foccacia. NY or Chicago style. Naan....your choice!

2) Make your own sauce and post the recipe. Red. White. Olive oil w/ garlic. Whatever gets your mojo workin'!

3) Mandatory that it brings teh heat. Habs. Serrano's. Bhut's. T-Scorps. Fatalli. Hot sauce's and puree's will qualify. Using wimp sauce's such as Tabasco Brand or Franks will
be ridiculed with extreme prejudice and boooooed heavily!

4) Toppings can be anything. Pepperoni. Avocado. Greek olives. Pulled pork. If it came out of the ground or walked, swam or crawled, its all cool and the gang!

5) Bake them in the oven on a sheet pan. In cast iron. A pizza stone. On the grill. Got a wood fired pizza oven? Have mercy!

6) Pics are mandatory! Anyone can talk smack about it but put up or shut up. No pics? It never happened and ridiculing and boooooing will follow. Capiche?

Alright ya'll, lets get it on.....

downsized_0713031858_zps0065c749.jpg

took a ghost pepper and the pizza sauce in the blender til the pepper was "gone"  made some dough  spread it out laid some sauce and cheese then peperoni  habanero and banana peppers and just a little crushed dried ghost pepper to top it off  made 3 of these in a row they were great

and no you dont cook the crust then the pizza.. i cook at about 520* about 10 minutes once it is solid and not stretchy wet dough i slide it off the on right to the rack for the last 5 minutes  and maybe sometimes some olive oil or butter on the crust when i make that transition

Mad a buffalo chicken pizza last night and with my standard buffalo wing sauce i added some of Matt's (MGOLD86) smoked yellow super powder. Came out delish!!!!!

grxi.jpg

Plain Cheese for the woman and the boy.  Capsaicin Pizza for moi.  Bacon, Pepperoni, Green Pepper, Sweet Onion, Bulgarian Carrot Pepper, Aji Lemon Pepper, Mozzarella and Parmesan Cheeses, and a Roasted Garlic Tomato Sauce.

100_1864.JPG

100_1866.JPG

100_1867.JPG

Check it out.  I even got them pretty round this time!

Don't worry, he's gonna post it yesterday.

This is confusing. 
Today is tomorrow.
Yesterday was today.
This pizza might have already happened, and we won't know for a long ass time.
Or we already missed it.

friggin Aussies. 

:)

Sounds good. Better than cooking a cold one.

...meanwhile in Australia

back_to_the_future.jpg

boomas_oven.jpg

Back