• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

The Moruga Project

have you got them boxes/beds ready yet? and like i said before dont get upset,start another tray tonight!!!! do diffrent things now that you have learned a couple things and keep tweaking however you need to. you will learn so much just by watching these peppers grow.

Interesting thread, good luck Moruga, I'm rooting for you mate.

moruga said:
Yes- I needed to confirm my theory that water drops during sunlight don't cause leaves to burn. PS- it was raining when I took the pic.

Just to say if you water during intense sunlight, you will get scorched leaves. Just my 2 pennies dude

moruga said:
I need proper lighting for the plants which I do not have. I am going to sell my guitar amp to get the money to take it to the next level, and proper lighting is on the top of that list- 4 foot flourescents. Taking inventory, I have 39 babies with some of them starting to sprout true leaves, 25 pots that didn't sprout in a month (and in a week I will recycle them), 72 plants I seeded 3/3 and 72 I seeded today- 3/7. I have room for 200 plants on my shelving unit and plan to fully grow up to 100 of them in 5 gallon buckets. Might buy a second shelving unit, might set up shop outside- spring'll be here in 2 weeks.
This is way late, but you don't need any fancy lights.  Shop lights and cheap fluorescents.  You don't need grow lights or anything made just for plants.  Shop lights are cheap - and often free if you look around (Freecycle, thrift stores, garage sales, etc.).  Now if you are trying to grow them under lights to maturity - that is different, but as seedlings this is true.  Been successful with this for 25 years!  I sell plants at my Farmer's market.  I grow in a common flat, transplant to six packs and 1.5 inch plastic pots, and then move to a hoop-house outside (also very inexpensive), then harden them off, then plant.
Watering during intense sunlight burning leaves is an old wive's tale.  If that were true most of the plants here would be burnt - because we have intense sunlight all the time, and rain showers occur, and immediately after the sun is intense again.  Also farmers irrigate all the time with overhead sprinklers and don't (can't) wait for cloudy weather - no burned leaves.  It's better to water from below though, for other reasons, such as preventing fungus, etc. I sometimes cool plants off with water in the afternoon - that grow against a wall (it heats up to over 120).  No burnt leaves! I do notice spots on leaves sometimes, but not associated with watering.  Maybe it can happen rarely?  But I think these little spots are from something else.  Oh - watering earlier or later in the day also saves water.

Back