• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

The most tasty/unique peppers

Hi everyone.

I'm in my first chili growing year and I now know, that I know absolutely nothing!  :P
The peppers I got now, are just some that I picked up from the supermarket and some I just found on the net, that I thought looked pretty, lol. Now, what I would really like to ask from you, is if you could tell me some names of some really tasty chili peppers? I dont like it too hot, and on a hot meter from 1 - 10, then I would prefer it around 5-6ish.

I've been told to get some Lemon Chili, since they should taste really good. Do you have any you can recommend? 

Thanks in advance :)

i would have to agree with cumari do paras..

4SsndR6.jpg

aji pineapple, SB7J, fatalii (favourite pepeper), thai sun, billy bioker jalapeno, purple jalapeno, long red cayenne, bahamian goat, white hab, yellow moruga, yellow scotch bonnet, yellow 7 pot

Rymerpt said:
Brazilian starfish, aji pineapple, aji lemon.

The Brazilian star fish is WOW good.
these would be more like what you can handle BUGSES but with exception of the Aji pineapple and Lemon there still quite hot but you can eliminate some of the heat by removing the placenta and seed

also look into
SEASON PEPPERS most either have very little or no heat, most are easy to grow and super prolific AND THERE FLAVOR IS WONDERFUL!!

some of real the good ones are as follows

TRINIDAD PERFUME
AJI DULCE
PUERTA RICAN AJI DULCE
GRANADA SEASONING
YELLOW SEASON
RED SEASON
SWEET HABANERO
ZAVORY
BISHOPS CROWN
BRAZILIAN STARFISH *(agreeing with Rymerpt)*
PUMPKIN SEASON
ST LUCIA RED (the hottest of the list but you can reduce heat by removing placenta and seeds)

this is just to name a few

hope this helps

thanks your friend Joe

KingChile said:
I had an Aleppo for the 1st time today and i dont think ive tasted a pepper with more flavor than that pepper
sorry Bugese im not trying to hyjack your thread but KING do you have pictures of the plant and pods?? i think mine arent true

thanks your friend Joe

Bugses said:
They seem really hot though :(

They're a little warm.

By no means do you have to eat any pepper whole. Dice 'em up. Or powder. Or flake. Or just add a few to your sauce. Easy to choose your own heat. Plus, once you get used to eating a 5-6 a 7 won't seem so bad :fireball:

Thanks alot for all your suggestions. I've made a txt file with all the peppers, that I need to buy for next year :-)

Aji amarillo (ripe), Aji Cristal (unripe), Ripe Jalapenos (home grown), Orange Habanero (home grown), Chiltepins, Fatalii, to name a very few....but there are so many flavors out there!

Back