• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification.

The Nada Naga experience

Ok, so I've been building my buddies up on the Holy Grail of hot peppers, the Naga Morrich. I tell them this pepper is double the heat from my usual habs and they are scared to even attempt to try one. But my friend convinced me to pull one and munch it down.

Well, I hate waiting and I know my Naga's aren't done yet, as most are about 3 inches in length and still green, but I'd think they should still have some bite to them right? Well I yanked one off (I know, it's sacreligeous to eat a non ripe pepper) and I torn into it chomping every bit into nothing. I so badly wanted to get the stinging that I love so much, but I got nothing? It was like I took a bite of lettuce? Is this normal to not have any heat until they are fully ripe? I got Nada from the Naga!!

Nada Naga eh? Must... Resist... Xanth... Reference....

All I can say is to reiterate DevilDuck's post. Patience is a virtue, besides Delayed Gratification will make the nagas burn all the more :hell:

:lol::lol: You'll are so very wise. I need to learn about this thing you call patience ;)

Thanx guyz, I was hoping it was just a riping thing.

my first Naga eating experiance was sort of weird also. After eating a 2 inch Naga Morich pod, The heat was about as bad as a scotch bonnet but definately not worse(and didn't last as long), I think this has to do with the endorphin rush deadening the pain, I felt actually high for a good 35 minutes, almost like I just smoke a joint.. This is the first pepper that has caused this type of feeling...I'm addicted :cool:

Pepper tolerance is seldom taken into account. I myself have increased my spicy consumption gradually over the last few years, and I am almost always a little disapointed that things are not hotter. At some point I have had to accept that things just aren't as hot when you are used to the heat.
That doesn't account for No heat from a naga, but I have found that the first pepper plucked usually has little or no heat. I honestly think that the heat is a defense mechanism that is triggered by a pepper being plucked. The other peppers say "Holy @#^^%!! Somthing ate Billy!!! Get HOT!!!!".....
You see what I mean. I ate a vietnamese mini this spring and almost ripped the plant out. It was as you put it, "lettuce". Nowadays it will definitely burn a hole in your tongue. Good Luck.

I felt actually high for a good 35 minutes, almost like I just smoke a joint.. This is the first pepper that has caused this type of feeling...I'm addicted

W00T!! Sheesh, with comments like this it's even harder waiting for these Nagas to ripen!! I guess I'll have to keep using my Zig-Zag's until then :cool::lol:

steelrain said:
I felt actually high for a good 35 minutes, almost like I just smoke a joint.. This is the first pepper that has caused this type of feeling...I'm addicted :cool:

Dammm Bro...I want some of your seeds

same experience here,
we ate a green one this weekend also in a mango pickle something
it wasn't very hot, the seeds and placenta were very white and underdeveloped.
i have a number of people waiting to taste this thing and the patience is driving us nuts

Yes, they're quite slow to ripen. Slower than any pepper out in my garden. The way I figure it, mouth-burning evil takes time.:mouthonfire:

Here is my first ripening Naga!

naga8-21.JPG

if it really takes that long to ripen from here it should be ready for my birthday!

and I was doing a 'Naga is ripening' dance earlier....

Back