• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

The Naga Viper Project

Is anybody trying to stabilize the Naga Viper and make it a stabke strain?
I tried searching through the first 4 pages or so for this topic but didnt find one.
Maybe we could make this the Official Naga Viper thread, if there isnt one already.

In order to take on that task ya need to figure out what phenotype shape will best fit the name Naga Viper..... beening that is a three way cross, and for that reason is all over the place in pod shape . No 2 pods are alike.

In order to take on that task ya need to figure out what phenotype shape will best fit the name Naga Viper..... beening that is a three way cross, and for that reason is all over the place in pod shape . No 2 pods are alike.

Yeah, But I think if given enough time and dedication it could be possible. No easy task being the fact that it is a 3 way cross!

At the moment mine aren't isolated for the exact reason TeX just stated. If I get one or two that I like I might isolate them. Unfortunately, I am limited on how many varieties I can isolate each season.

i have some second year of growing from the original seeds... so it's 2 gen more than the original bought from Mr Fowler 2 year ago when he started to sell them

will have picture later. i have save seed from a "snake head shaped pepper hope this "l;ook" will continue uin the next generation and seeds form normal pods.

will be grown eaach year on my side with those normal to plant each year (7 pot yellow, scoprions, morouga, hp22B, Jigsaw, douglah, primo and othe less hot (lemon drop, espelette, and much much more.... but i will try to grow less variety but more of each. will update my glog soon

I have 2 going right now. They're just babies tho.

IMG_20130429_024947.jpg

IMG_20130429_024804.jpg

Let's see what we get. I hope to isolate and share seeds if anyone wants.

, Vegas

I grew a couple of vipers last year but due to the coolest/wettest summer in a decade they didn't fruit. Thank god for plastic greenhouses : )

Back