• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Homemade spam and mayo sandwich!!!
monty_python_spam2.jpg

I'd be ok with mayo as long as it didn't necessarily have to be the "star" of the dish. While I'm not utterly against mayo (more just "meh" about it), I only use it very, very sparingly. As in, when I do buy it I only get the small (6 oz?) jars and even then I may throw half of it away. Yes, this is real mayo, not that garbage that Kraft produces. 

But I'm also going to chime in on TB's side - SPAM!

I haven't had that stuff since I was a kid, but I don't remember disliking it. Of course, tastes can change over time, so who knows. Alternately, TOFU. There, I said it: TOFU. I'm sure TB can come up with some tofu/quinoa combo that looks good. I have never prepared tofu, myself, but am willing to give it a try. Isn't that what TD's are all about - trying new things? Wait. Or is that just what I make of them?  :P

grantmichaels said:
Danielle tells me it's popular in HI ... I tell her I'm happy to buy her a ticket ...
Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha ,I have yer back Danielle it's very popular in HI.
Careful Grant she might take you up on that offer!! :)

Last time I was in HI, which was the first time since I was 14, I only had 1 1/2 days on the island.  It was in route on an Army mission to the Marshall Islands.  In that short time I searched everywhere for someplace serving SPAM.  I could not find it and was very disappointed.  People I would ask looked at me like I had an arm growing out of my chest.  It was like they had never heard of SPAM being cooked in HI before.  I was on Oahu btw.

Was served to gi's during WW11 became ingrained into their culture. Had it many ways while there.
Some good some not so good! :)
Scuba_Steve said:
Last time I was in HI, which was the first time since I was 14, I only had 1 1/2 days on the island.  It was in route on an Army mission to the Marshall Islands.  In that short time I searched everywhere for someplace serving SPAM.  I could not find it and was very disappointed.  People I would ask looked at me like I had an arm growing out of my chest.  It was like they had never heard of SPAM being cooked in HI before.  I was on Oahu btw.
Wow SS very strange was everywhere while I was there of course it was 1980 but was everywhere stores restaurant, more kinds then I even knew they made.
3035341452_4266122a46.jpg
only place I've ever seen this! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back