auction The One Time Wild Capsicum Seed Auction! CLOSED

OK, I have never done this before, but there's a first time for everything. I know most people here live for the super hots, but let's take a spin to another dimension: The wild capsicums! I am auctioning off one lot of very rare wild pepper seeds here. The highest POSTED bid on my thread as of 11:01:00 PM EST on 8/30/12 wins this auction. This means if your bid is posted on or before 11:01:00, it's eligible. If 11:01:01 or later, it does not count. Free shipping is included in this auction - anywhere in the world. :)

Note, seed counts are at least 5 and many times much more. These seeds come from non-isolated pods, but the probability of crossing seems to lessen greatly among wild varieties from my past experience. These are rare and some pods have only 1-2 seeds so they take a while to gather up.
Well, the bidding starts at $20.00 U.S. Bid increments go up in $2 amounts. Good luck with this auction!

Here are the varieties included:

-Cobincho - Exile (C.chacoense) (7 seeds)

-C. Galapagoense (15 + seeds)

-Chile Congo (C. chacoense)

- CGN 19198 (C. species) - thought to be 'eximium-like' - gorgeous flowers!

- C. chacoense

- C. lanceolatum (5 seeds)

- C. tovarii (10 seeds)

- CAP 1530 (C. cardenasii)

- C. flexuosum - black seeds - very rare! (10+ seeds)

- Cumari Pollux (C. praetermissum)

- Unknown praetermissum #1 - Brazil

- Cumari Veredeira (C. praetermissum)

- Cumari Flibu (C. praetermissum)

- CAP 1478 (C. praetermissum)

- Capsicum parvifolium (wild baccatum variant) - produces THOUSANDS of small red pods - tree-like

- Huge Rocopica (C cardenasii x C. pubescens)

- Mata Frade (C. chin) - rare purple leaved variety

I will note if International posters bid on this auction, please let me know the best way to get the seeds safefy to you. I will do my absolute best to package things the best way for Customs, but I cannot promise the seeds will make it there if confiscated for reasons out of my control. If anyone is uncomfortable with this, please do not bid. Nearly everything I send makes it to the final recipient, but there's always that chance and I want people to know. Thanks very much.

Chris

Advice to the winner? Plant them when you get them... don't wait... From what I understand they decrease in viability faster than our normal domesticated species...

At least some now... I think that was advice from Smokemaster? Maybe Redtailforester... I forget... Good advice though!:)

If only I could hide the credit card bill from the wife I'd be all over this.

That is a sweet package you put together there Chris, Congrats to whoever wins.

Advice to the winner? Plant them when you get them... don't wait... From what I understand they decrease in viability faster than our normal domesticated species...

At least some now... I think that was advice from Smokemaster? Maybe Redtailforester... I forget... Good advice though!:)

Sounds like good advice but I am not growing 17 plants inside in september if I were to win. Plus atleast 12 others. 29- 9 month old plants by plant out date in Western Penn. I have a praetermissum now that is 7 foot and 6 wide. Not gonna work.

Back