• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

The OTHER new job thread

Didn't want to steal any Mullet thunder, and THAT thread has taken on a life of it's own.

I've been on an "induction" course for the last two days, learning how my new work place works.

It's scary: They are the polar opposite of my last place. They're efficient, run by human people who are mainly young, they have modern offices, decent IT, proper procedures, people smile, they have drinks machines, chains of command... the list is endless.

It's a complete change to me. I'm used to having my own office, no pressure, iTunes and my entire MP3 and .cbr star wars comic collection on my work computer, and generally goofing a wee bit. None of that here. They're going to work me HARD.

But you know what? I think I need that.

First PROPER day in the office tomorrow, induction having now finished. Will let you know how I get on. Fingers crossed.

Congrats, I'm glad it's working out for you dude! It's always nice to have a job where you can go to that you actually like.

Best Wishes on the new job Shooty.
Would that drink machine happen to contain any grog? ;)
Back in my Coast Guard days, I had the fortunate opportunity to go aboard a few British Naval Ships. It blew my mind to find that the sailors could actually enjoy a brew, or 10, onboard after hours. Now that's one hell of a way to boost morale!! Great bunch of folks.

awesome news shooty. i'm looking for a new job right now..but i think i already know what its going to be. its just a matter of time till i get there.

hope the new job goes well, i know what you mean about it being a good thing they're going to put you to work. i've been able to slack off quite a bit at some of my last few jobs. not the next one though.

xgrafcorex said:
awesome news shooty. i'm looking for a new job right now..but i think i already know what its going to be. its just a matter of time till i get there.
Let me guess, you are thinking about becoming either a lawyer or video game tester.... ;)

not even close. ;) the navy! :lol: might look into the air force..but as of right now, its the navy. i just have to do some more running and lose this beer belly. ;)

xgrafcorex said:
not even close. :P the navy! :shocked: might look into the air force..but as of right now, its the navy. i just have to do some more running and lose this beer belly. :mad:

If you really want to travel alot, join the Navy. If you want to go somewhere else and then settle in for a while, join the Air Force.
I LOVED my time in the Air Force. I had a f**kin' ball. I just wish that a) I wasn't married at the time and b) I was still in(because i'd be retiring next year).

Shooty* said:
It's scary: They are the polar opposite of my last place. They're efficient, run by human people who are mainly young, they have modern offices, decent IT, proper procedures, people smile, they have drinks machines, chains of command... the list is endless.

What would Rumpole do?
Congrats on the job...

Back