• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

The Pacific Northwest GLOG 2015

Today launches The Pacific Northwest GLOG 2015, geared towards growers from this region.  Since there appears to be disagreement on what states, and areas, actually comprise the Pacific Northwest, I will use a broad definition, in order to include more growers.  If anyone thinks the definition could be even more broad, it can always be changed.  Come one, come all.

Oregon
Washington
Alaska
Northern California
Idaho
Montana
Wyoming
British Columbia

I am from the Rogue Valley, in southern Oregon, so, I will begin with a couple of shots from my yard, which over looks the Rogue River.

It's still December 2014, but I've been busy putting together my grow list for the 2015 PNW season.  My seeds will be planted around the second to third week of this month.  I'm cutting a bit back from last season, so, here's my modest grow-list to kick things off for the 2015 season.

POTS  

GIANT 7-POT YELLOW-2
BHUT PURPLE-1
CUMARI DO PARA-1
PIMENTA LEOPARD-1
SCORP CHOC-1
TRIN CONGO RED-2
TRIN CONGO BLACK-2
REAPER-1
ROCOTO-1
MORUGA BROWN-1
7-POT CHAGUANA-1
NAGA-BRAIN-1

ORNAMENTAL

FILIUS BLUE-1
NUMEX EASTER-1

RAISED BEDS

HAB GOLD BULLET-2
HAB WHITE-2
HAB CAR RED-2
RED SAVINA-2
HAB ST LUCIA-2
HAB CHOC HANDGRENADE-2
SB7J-2
SCOTCH BONNET MOA-4
SCOTCH BONNET FARIAH-4
BAHAMIAN GOAT-3
JAMAICAN MUSHROOM-1
TRINIDAD BEAN GOLD-1
SCORPION TONGUE-1
AJI CACHO DE CABRA-1
AJI TEAPOT-1
AJI PINEAPPLE-3
AJI COLORADO-1
AJI OMNICOLOR-1
JAL CRACKED-4
JAL (PEPPER GURU)-4
JALAMUNDO-2
PEPPADEW-1
CHERRY BOMB-2
NARDELLO-2
SILING BILONG-2
BIG JIM WORLD RECORD-1
CHILACA-1
FRESNOS-5
MA WIRI WIRI-1

Time for a quick update on just a few plants.  All in all, the plants are doing well enough.  There have been some issues with leaf curl and crinkling, but it's working its way out.  I don't sweat these minor issues anymore, as long as the plants are growing.  They always seem to rebound .

L to R: SB Fariah...Hab Choc Hand Grenade (my tallest plant thus far).

Giant Yellow 7-Pot...Brown Moruga

Bhut Purple, losing its purple coloring...Pimenta Leopard.

Roguejim said:
Time for a quick update on just a few plants.  All in all, the plants are doing well enough.  There have been some issues with leaf curl and crinkling, but it's working its way out.  I don't sweat these minor issues anymore, as long as the plants are growing.  They always seem to rebound .

L to R: SB Fariah...Hab Choc Hand Grenade (my tallest plant thus far).

Giant Yellow 7-Pot...Brown Moruga

Bhut Purple, losing its purple coloring...Pimenta Leopard.
Those are looking awesome Jim! Love the color of that Pementa Leopard. I wish my Pementa da neyde's had that darker shade of purple.. 

I'm off to a slow start but here is what is growing.

White Bhut
MOA Scotch Bonnet
Trinidad Scorpion CARDI
Aji Joe's Chocolate Hand Grenade
7 Pot Bubblegum
Pimenta Leopord
Mustard Bhut
Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion
Yellow Bolivian Bumpy Hab

I started these seeds last week. My germination rates were good so I only did a few of each of these.

Fatali
White Devil's Tongue
Not Moruga Scorpion?
7 Pot Burgundy
7 Pot Brainstrain Yellow
7 Pot Chocolate
Butch T
Peach Congo
Naga Viper X ?
Brown Moruga
Choclate Scorpion
Datil
Peach Tiger's tooth

I have 26 more plants in solo cups at my dad's house until the weather gets warmer.

That Peach tiger's tooth sounds good. Reading up on it sounds even better. Making it for pickles with the heat it carries is even better. Nice list!

Also this only my second year growing peppers, the first year growing from seeds. Thanks to all the awesome pepper People that I got seeds from!
That Peach tiger's tooth sounds good. Reading up on it sounds even better. Making it for pickles with the heat it carries is even better. Nice list!
That one came from Pepperlover.com it almost didn't make the cut. It is going to be interesting once these guys all have to go in the yard.

KevinH said:
When does everyone here start there seeds?
It depends on a couple of things. Some varieties require longer times for fruiting and depending on your specific area ie..length and micro climate of you're area that kinda factors into when you plant out. Some of us started in Dec. others in Jan and this month. 

ronaldo_fanbelt said:
I'm off to a slow start but here is what is growing.

White Bhut
MOA Scotch Bonnet
Trinidad Scorpion CARDI
Aji Joe's Chocolate Hand Grenade
7 Pot Bubblegum
Pimenta Leopord
Mustard Bhut
Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion
Yellow Bolivian Bumpy Hab

I started these seeds last week. My germination rates were good so I only did a few of each of these.

Fatali
White Devil's Tongue
Not Moruga Scorpion?
7 Pot Burgundy
7 Pot Brainstrain Yellow
7 Pot Chocolate
Butch T
Peach Congo
Naga Viper X ?
Brown Moruga
Choclate Scorpion
Datil
Peach Tiger's tooth

I have 26 more plants in solo cups at my dad's house until the weather gets warmer.
What the heck?  Is that an HID light above your fluoro?  Using them both, simultaneously? 

Out of likes, but your grow is looking great, friend!

And I thought I was getting a jump on the season starting last week..

organic pepper said:
It depends on a couple of things. Some varieties require longer times for fruiting and depending on your specific area ie..length and micro climate of you're area that kinda factors into when you plant out. Some of us started in Dec. others in Jan and this month.

very nice plants on #182 ... really really nice Roguejim
good luck with the future growing... already seems like you're gonna have a good growing season

tsurrie said:
very nice plants on #182 ... really really nice Roguejim
good luck with the future growing... already seems like you're gonna have a good growing season
Thank you! Do you have your own glog?

EDIT: I found your glog!

As far as lighting goes, I've got aT5 and a HPS on them. I got the T5 for Christmas and I borrowed the HPS from my dad. It stays way warmer in there and all of the varieties seem to dig it. When my budget allows I'm going to change my setup.

ronaldo_fanbelt said:
As far as lighting goes, I've got aT5 and a HPS on them. I got the T5 for Christmas and I borrowed the HPS from my dad. It stays way warmer in there and all of the varieties seem to dig it. When my budget allows I'm going to change my setup.
Thanks for the idea.  I have 3 T8s which I retired when I bought my 400watt HPS.  But since I'm running out of room, I guess I could add a T8 ballast to each end(2 bulbs per ballast).

Anyone growing these, SB7Js?

Back