• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

The Pacific Northwest GLOG 2015

Today launches The Pacific Northwest GLOG 2015, geared towards growers from this region.  Since there appears to be disagreement on what states, and areas, actually comprise the Pacific Northwest, I will use a broad definition, in order to include more growers.  If anyone thinks the definition could be even more broad, it can always be changed.  Come one, come all.

Oregon
Washington
Alaska
Northern California
Idaho
Montana
Wyoming
British Columbia

I am from the Rogue Valley, in southern Oregon, so, I will begin with a couple of shots from my yard, which over looks the Rogue River.

It's still December 2014, but I've been busy putting together my grow list for the 2015 PNW season.  My seeds will be planted around the second to third week of this month.  I'm cutting a bit back from last season, so, here's my modest grow-list to kick things off for the 2015 season.

POTS  

GIANT 7-POT YELLOW-2
BHUT PURPLE-1
CUMARI DO PARA-1
PIMENTA LEOPARD-1
SCORP CHOC-1
TRIN CONGO RED-2
TRIN CONGO BLACK-2
REAPER-1
ROCOTO-1
MORUGA BROWN-1
7-POT CHAGUANA-1
NAGA-BRAIN-1

ORNAMENTAL

FILIUS BLUE-1
NUMEX EASTER-1

RAISED BEDS

HAB GOLD BULLET-2
HAB WHITE-2
HAB CAR RED-2
RED SAVINA-2
HAB ST LUCIA-2
HAB CHOC HANDGRENADE-2
SB7J-2
SCOTCH BONNET MOA-4
SCOTCH BONNET FARIAH-4
BAHAMIAN GOAT-3
JAMAICAN MUSHROOM-1
TRINIDAD BEAN GOLD-1
SCORPION TONGUE-1
AJI CACHO DE CABRA-1
AJI TEAPOT-1
AJI PINEAPPLE-3
AJI COLORADO-1
AJI OMNICOLOR-1
JAL CRACKED-4
JAL (PEPPER GURU)-4
JALAMUNDO-2
PEPPADEW-1
CHERRY BOMB-2
NARDELLO-2
SILING BILONG-2
BIG JIM WORLD RECORD-1
CHILACA-1
FRESNOS-5
MA WIRI WIRI-1

Lately, 80's to low 90's, but cooler evenings in the 70's, which is real nice to enjoy.  At night it is in the low 60's.  Perfect for me!

Just found out my yellow 7 pots are not yellow, but red. Should I give the heads up to the person who gave them to me or would that be rude? I'm pretty sure they were gifted to me. 

ColdSmoke said:
Just found out my yellow 7 pots are not yellow, but red. Should I give the heads up to the person who gave them to me or would that be rude? I'm pretty sure they were gifted to me. 
A heads up wouldn't hurt anything. I did that recently but mostly because the pods I'm getting are really cool. I also have 5 peach bhut plants from seeds that were gifted to me and only one is kicking peach pods. These unplanned crosses are kinda annoying this year

My pods are finally starting to turn..... seems awfully late. Had a few jalapeños turn but I don't count those. Excited for my sb7j and my 7pot Jonah among others

FGpepperguy said:
My pods are finally starting to turn..... seems awfully late. Had a few jalapeños turn but I don't count those. Excited for my sb7j and my 7pot Jonah among others

I'm in the same boat. Some ripe cayennes but those don't count. Tons of other pods but only like two are changing colors. I have a 7pot Jonah plant with hundreds of flowers and about 10 new pods forming every day...it's going to be insane.

Genetikx said:
A heads up wouldn't hurt anything. I did that recently but mostly because the pods I'm getting are really cool. I also have 5 peach bhut plants from seeds that were gifted to me and only one is kicking peach pods. These unplanned crosses are kinda annoying this year
Same here.  Some weird crosses is my garden

Finally starting to take off with the restart. Wasnt sure if I was going to make it. Mostly Bhuts, Star of Turkey and Red Fatalli's'
White Bhut's
20150814_1211301.jpg

20150814_1211401.jpg

Star of Turkey Cant wait to try these. Got a little bit of lady bug action going on in the 2nd Pic.
20150814_1211521.jpg

20150814_1212071.jpg

Red Fatalli's These are one of my favorites for eating plain.
20150814_1212281.jpg

20150814_1212351.jpg

Yellow Bhuts
20150814_1212511.jpg

20150814_1213061.jpg

Orange Bhuts
20150814_1213261.jpg

20150814_1213371.jpg

Group Shot
20150814_1214241.jpg

Here's 7 pod, Morugas Scorpion and Reapers. These babies just not liking life. Cant seem to really get them going like the others. Flowers are not setting. I'm going to have to work with these more to figure out how to dial them in.  Was kinda looking forward to these. Especially the Morugas. Those are awesome in a dry rub.
20150814_1214471.jpg

Cheers all!

I was just noticing on 1 of my Bhuts plants that I got 2 different shape's of bhut's peppers. Would this be a norm from open pollination with bee's cross pollinating?
20150816_0912221.jpg

The rest of the bhut's all look the same as what I grew last year.
20150816_0912461.jpg

20150816_0940551.jpg

This red fattalli plant 19" is one of the shortest of the 3 but so far seems to be producer of the 3 plants that I have going. Hopefully this one has good flavor. May look at keeping this for an overwinter.
20150816_0931571.jpg

My curiosity is getting the best of me this morning. Cheers all

organic pepper said:
Finally starting to take off with the restart. Wasnt sure if I was going to make it. Mostly Bhuts, Star of Turkey and Red Fatalli's'
White Bhut's
attachicon.gif
20150814_1211301.jpg
attachicon.gif
20150814_1211401.jpg
Star of Turkey Cant wait to try these. Got a little bit of lady bug action going on in the 2nd Pic.
attachicon.gif
20150814_1211521.jpg
attachicon.gif
20150814_1212071.jpg
Red Fatalli's These are one of my favorites for eating plain.
attachicon.gif
20150814_1212281.jpg
attachicon.gif
20150814_1212351.jpg
Yellow Bhuts
attachicon.gif
20150814_1212511.jpg
attachicon.gif
20150814_1213061.jpg
Orange Bhuts
attachicon.gif
20150814_1213261.jpg
attachicon.gif
20150814_1213371.jpg
Group Shot
attachicon.gif
20150814_1214241.jpg
Here's 7 pod, Morugas Scorpion and Reapers. These babies just not liking life. Cant seem to really get them going like the others. Flowers are not setting. I'm going to have to work with these more to figure out how to dial them in.  Was kinda looking forward to these. Especially the Morugas. Those are awesome in a dry rub.
attachicon.gif
20150814_1214471.jpg

Cheers all!
Hey man! Looks like you won't have a pepper barren Winter, after all. Maybe next season you complete the fabric-raised beds? I'm really glad you're getting pod production. Wish I could help with the laggers. Sometimes, they just do what they want.
organic pepper said:
I was just noticing on 1 of my Bhuts plants that I got 2 different shape's of bhut's peppers. Would this be a norm from open pollination with bee's cross pollinating?
attachicon.gif
20150816_0912221.jpg
The rest of the bhut's all look the same as what I grew last year.
attachicon.gif
20150816_0912461.jpg
attachicon.gif
20150816_0940551.jpg
This red fattalli plant 19" is one of the shortest of the 3 but so far seems to be producer of the 3 plants that I have going. Hopefully this one has good flavor. May look at keeping this for an overwinter.
attachicon.gif
20150816_0931571.jpg
My curiosity is getting the best of me this morning. Cheers all
This has been a season of crosses for me. Not cool. I shouldn't complain since I never isolate plants. I hope we're not screwing ourselves down the road. As for the bhut, look in the Pepper I.D. subforum, page 2, (near the bottom) for my Bhut Purple post with 2 different pods. The more I grow, the less I know.

Thanks Jim, I have tosses that over and over on the raised air beds the last couple of months now that I have the stuff i need to build it. Really looking at doing it this winter just to get the compost working before the next plant out. Thanks for the info on the bhuts. Gotta check that out. Cheers buddy!

Be honest, man.  Did that pod really taste good in your taco?  Blech!!

Some photos of the 2nd rounders.  Most plants podding up again. 

Probably my most prolific plant, the Scotch Bonnet Fariah.  Pod size is double what they were in the 1st round.

Grim Reapers.

Jamaican Mushrooms.

Mystery.  Congo?

Bahamian Goats.

Potted Ma Wiri Wiri.

Cumari Do Para.

Harvest,

I know its a little late to start my 2015 season and keep up with you  :P But I am going to anyways. I've been away from the forum as well as growing for a few years now, but have got the itch to fire things back up. 
Here's the plan..

C. Annuum Grafting trials. (Jalapeno, Big Bomb, Explosive ember,Hungarian Hot wax, Ancho, and maybe Goats weed) just mixing and matching very different looking peppers... thats how i am choosing.

C. Pubescens long term DWC. (Manzano Naranja) I have never had success outdoors with any pubescen hence the DWC indoors. Gives me a little more control. 

bushwhackxj said:
I know its a little late to start my 2015 season and keep up with you  :P But I am going to anyways. I've been away from the forum as well as growing for a few years now, but have got the itch to fire things back up. 
Here's the plan..

C. Annuum Grafting trials. (Jalapeno, Big Bomb, Explosive ember,Hungarian Hot wax, Ancho, and maybe Goats weed) just mixing and matching very different looking peppers... thats how i am choosing.

C. Pubescens long term DWC. (Manzano Naranja) I have never had success outdoors with any pubescen hence the DWC indoors. Gives me a little more control.
Hey, if you have the capability to start now, well...this will be interesting to see. Post photos as you go!

North West brothers

Rogue Jim, Nice looking pods. Looks like your smelly concoctions worked out well.

Coldsmoke, That Sip plant is doing well. All my plants in them are healthy and strong. Nice looking taco pod. I have one Jigsaw turning on me. Can't wait to give it a try.

bpwilly, I was hoping I would find some pics from you. Nice looking pods. Your Jigsaws look to form. Like I said the ones I got from Judy last year, were dripping with oil and made my ears ring.

Turbo, I'll have to head over to your slog and see if you've got something cooking with those pods you harvested.

Glad ALL the Pacific Northwest Growers are kicking a$$.

Thanks for sharing.

Back