The Primo HPLC Testing Thread...By The Ghost Pepper Store

Ok, without further delay, here are the results from the HLPC testing of 15 randomly selected, dried, 7 Pot Primos. These plants were not stressed (I grow for quantity, so I never stress plants on purpose) and these plants were not hand selected or given any other special treatment.

1,469,000 SHU!!!

https://ghostpepperstore.3dcartstores.com/assets/images/08-15-13.pdf

Sorry, I haven't been able to figure out exactly how to post the PDF file as an image without bringing up questions about authenticity.

So there you have it, my 7 Pot Primos are hotter than the Guinness record Trinidad Scorpion Butch T which officially is rated at 1,463,700!

As for the contest, Pogeys is our winner! He was 12,211 units off from the number. If anyone thinks I missed a closer guess, please let me know, I am known to make mistakes. Pogeys, please PM us and we will get the prizes squared away!

Ok, now that has been made public, I just want to say a few things.

• I really do not have much to gain from these numbers. I do not plan to sell seed for this variety anytime soon. I highly recommend getting seed from a reputable seed vendor of your choice, getting them from Primo himself sounds like a great idea to me.
  • I do have fresh pods available until the end of the season, but I am pretty limited since I only grew 20 plants with the sole intention of testing them as a public service to the hot pepper community.
  • Please keep any discussion about the results, other varieties, world records, and anything else that might cause controversy out of this "Promotions" thread. If you have specific questions about the testing process, cost, growing methods feel free to post them here, but if it becomes drama, I will ask for the mods to close the thread.
Finally, I want to thank Troy (Primo) and Dale Baker for their assistance and cooperation in this process. I think we will see even higher numbers from the Primo in the coming months. I wish both Troy and Dale the best of luck with their testing and the pursuit of the world record!

I got mine directly from brian, they definitely are smoking, I diced up 1/2 of one last night in a grilled stuffed burrito, I second guessed the decision a few times, tonight I had strip steak and baked potato with probably just an 1/8 on sour cream ontop of my potato, it was perfect, definitely a top notch pepper

theghostpepperstore said:

Ok, now that has been made public, I just want to say a few things.

• I really do not have much to gain from these numbers. I do not plan to sell seed for this variety anytime soon. I highly recommend getting seed from a reputable seed vendor of your choice, getting them from Primo himself sounds like a great idea to me.
  • I do have fresh pods available until the end of the season, but I am pretty limited since I only grew 20 plants with the sole intention of testing them as a public service to the hot pepper community.
  • Please keep any discussion about the results, other varieties, world records, and anything else that might cause controversy out of this "Promotions" thread. If you have specific questions about the testing process, cost, growing methods feel free to post them here, but if it becomes drama, I will ask for the mods to close the thread.
Finally, I want to thank Troy (Primo) and Dale Baker for their assistance and cooperation in this process. I think we will see even higher numbers from the Primo in the coming months. I wish both Troy and Dale the best of luck with their testing and the pursuit of the world record!
classy! congrats!

Back