• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

THE SPOILED UNDER-30 CROWD!!!

POTAWIE said:
load"*",4
insert side 2 of tape
LOADING................. lol

I loved Jumpman too, and loadrunner, and boulderdash, and........

You were lucky...you had a tape drive.

I had to manually type in all of the code and save it to an.................. 8 inch floppy! What was that magazine, anyway? The one that published all of the code.... ah, I can't remember.

DevilDuck said:
You were lucky...you had a tape drive.

I had to manually type in all of the code and save it to an.................. 8 inch floppy! What was that magazine, anyway? The one that published all of the code.... ah, I can't remember.
I remember that..you would spend s good few hours typing in the code only to find out they published it wrong but hey!!it killed a few hours lol

Pepperfreak said:
I almost forgot about...All of the TV channels also signed off at night. I can't remember what time but remember the national anthem being played with still picture of something, I think it was the man on the moon. Kids today would freak out big time if TV still signed off.

Ha ha, we got the 'goodnight kiwi'. I feel old now.
GoodnightKiwi-grab.png

Lived in Uxbridge near London from 84-86. Only 4 channels on the TV. Sad to say that I remember most of the things previously mentioned here:

Commodore vic 20s and 64s.
Radio Shack TRS-80s.
Cap guns, bottle rockets, lady fingers, m-80s
PONG and Atari.
Played Defender and Dig Dug (was champion at both).
Saturday morning cartoons till noon.
My Grandparents had their milk delivered in the bottles.
$.55 gas.
$.45 cent cigarettes in a vending machine at the mall!

Saved up my pocket $ till I could get 1 of those packs of cigs out of that machine. Was about 4 yrs old at the time. :lol:

Anybody else have a timex sinclair 1000 computer?
And who had a modem on their commodore? My first one was 300 baud and it was one of the first that you didn't have to put your telephone into.

I used to have a modem on the back of my commodore 64 and used to run a procram called c-base and had a bbs site I personally liked c-base over dmbbs and I installed a fancy toggle switch on my modem to turn off the speaker

funny thing is, i'm not 30 yet, and i remember a lot of those things on the list. :P i remember one of the first computer games we ever had..it fit on a floppy disk! the last game i bought takes up over 6 GB on my computer. :lol:

cheezydemon said:
That is freakish.:)

Did it beep or make any noise?
I know it is, I don't know if it's the clown or the slightly evil look on the girls face. It had background music. If you stared at the screen for too long it sent you trance-like :)

Back