• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

The Story of Lillen and his spicy peppers! 2012

First at all.

Here's a short story of me http://thehotpepper....73#entry629973.

Then picture from my greenhouse.

My growing list.

C.Annuum

Hungarian Hot Wax
Ramiro
Homera
Cascabel
Hungarian Hot Cherry
Ornamental Pepper
Japones
Birds eye baby
Early Jalapeno
Goats Weed
Short Yellow Tabasco
Trinidad Bush
Bolivian Rainbow

C.Baccatum

Lemon Drop
Champion
Inca Red Drop
Stripe
Aji Cristal
PI 446900
PI 260560
Aji Brown
PI 441551
Aji Omnicolor
Starfish
Ubatuba Cambuci

C.Chinense

Pink Habanero
Naga Morich
Caterpillar(Aribi Gusano)
Biquinho
Fatalii
Caribbean Red Habanero
Peruvian White Habanero
Orange Habanero
Chocolate Fatalii
Congo
7pod
Brown Large Habanero
Habanero Sudden Death
Tobago Sweet x yellow pointed Haba.
Cili Coronong
Cajamarca
PI281429
Bonda ma Jaques
Trinidad Scorpion Morouga Blend

C.Frutescens
Piri Piri

C.Pubescens

Turbo Pube

Rocoto Orange
Ultra Pube

Wilds

C. Lanceolatum X
C.Flexuosum
"Luoti Podi" C.Chacoense
CAP 1445 C.Chacoense
Tepin (Capsicum annuum var. glabriusculum)
Tepin Peru
C. Rhomboideum

Wilds?

PI 497974 (C.Baccatum V.Umbillicatum)

CO 4318 ( C. Baccatum var. pendulum)
PI 441552 (C.Baccatum)
CAP 1473 C. Microcarpum/C.Annuum
CAP 1173 C. Microcarpum/C.Annuum
PI260567 C. Microcarpum/C. Baccatum

Hybrids

Dutch-Habanero F4
PI260560 x Cayenne?
Random??

Naga Morich pods.

Naga Morich

Aji Cristal pods.

The backside of the greenhouse.

I think it's time for some new pictures! ;)

It's kind a crowded in my greenhouse. I would carry some a few plants to the other greenhouse outside ,but there's a f**king poisonous snake in there.

I have to ask my neighbour for some help, he knows what to do :dance:

My first Hungarian Hot Cherry pod is starting to mature :P

Some new Naga Morich pods...

And some more...

PI 260560 flowers are very beautiful, i have had over 100 flowers but i only got 2 pods, needs some more fertilizer...

Aji Cristal

The back of the greenhouse...there's many buds so soon it will be bloomin...i guess :rolleyes: .

A new chilli is in the family, bought this plant from a garden near "Turku". It's a "Bunte Mischung" C.Annuum.

amazing list of chilis!

Thanks! I'll try to get some more varieties for the next season. I hope that i would find some members from this forum who would like to swap seeds with me...of course not now ,but in the autumn... :onfire:

Looks like a rattlesnake to me. Don't ever go in there! ;)

Yap it was a Kyy. I chased it in to a corner in my greenhouse, but it got very angry at me and it tried to bite me, but luckely for me, the attempt failed :party: .

Well after the bite attempt i got a bit scared and i waited until my neighbor got home. He catched it and bore it away.

But, i saw the same snake again near my greenhouse to day. I scared it away :rofl: .

I'm not afraid of snakes but i dont like the poisonous ones...

Better safe than sorry, my friend.

Very nice plants. I wouldnt hesitate to shovel that snake poisonous or not. This is my territory, snake!!

Looking good!

Started the greenhouse season outside yeasterday. The inside greenhouse was so crowded that the plants didin't grow as fast they use to.

Bunte mischung has about ten pods. :party:

More Aji Cristal please! :dance:

^
:hell:

Today i have seen about 5-6 snakes. Half of them have been poisonous "Kyy"'s.

My Dad and I putted a cover fabric (picture, last post) on the ground in greenhouse so that the snakes wouldn't get in to the greenhouse. It has helped already! :onfire:

Finland has only two native snakes, one of them is harmless & the other is the Kyy & its bite is treatable with a tablet form the chemist called "Kyy Tablet" you also take the tablet if you have been stung by a bee.

Worry when you have a King Brown amongst your chilli`s. :party:

Here`s a pic of me backpacking OZ in the early 90`s, thats a sea snake im holding & my German mates saying "Hey Mez watch yourself it looks like he`s getting pissed off with you now"

snake.JPG

I was later (months later) told by an Aussie, "Geez maate your brave holding that" i said why is it dangerous? (dumb tourist look) he turned his head slowly at me in disbelief? he said you mean you just grabbed an unknown snake up by its tail?"

Turns out a Sea Snake has a whey more powerful venom that a land snake, interesting eh.

You would think with this knowledge gained i wouldn't be stupid enough to do that again right? wrong.
Here`s me (backpacking round OZ a second time) and would you believe it, im driving a crappy little Suzuki 4x4 down 80 mile beach near Broome i came upon another Sea Snake, this time i used a bit of driftwood.

Broome17.jpg

Hey look at Mezo, a snake wrangler (well tourist one)

Broome18.jpg

This turning in to the snake thread. LoL

Mezo.

^
Thanks!

Wow, You sure aren't afraid of snakes Mezo :shocked: Nice pictures you got there!

My first Naga Morich has started to mature :party:

I also tasted a Hungarian Hot Cherry today.

'

The taste was quite good, but it was quickly covered by the usual burnt of Annuum's. Took the seeds for dry.

Today i bore a lot of chilli's to the "outside greenhouse".

Borwn Large and Carribean Red Habanero's.

CAP 1473 C. Annuum , still waiting for flowers...

Naga Morich

Aji Brown and Starfish, some tomatoes in the background.

PI 260560 has started to make the first pods! = :dance:

Aji Cristal

And finally. I took the first scion from C.Lanceolatum a few weeks ago. I think i succeeded! :)

I'm not sure, if you maybe already know. "Bunte Mischung" is german and means "mixed bag". So "Bunte Mischung" is not ment to be the name of the variety, but says, that it's grown from a package of mixed seeds. So it could be any C. annuum. but please keep calling it that way. I really like it. :)

Back