• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

The Subway Foot-long Face-off Challenge

I was in the store today, and habbies were $7.50 per pound!! I was shocked at the high price...and that is here in california

That's crazy, I'm in virginia and the store I get my habs from has them on sale for $1.49/lb and they're regularly still only $3.49/lb... good thing peppers don't weigh much, but $7.50 is pretty steep

OK, so now a couple of different pepperheads posted trial runs with pics, and I gotta say - that's a lot of habaneros. It's also a mighty big sammich.

I'm not changing the sammich, but I'm considering lowering the habanero content from 15 (which looks almost unreasonably horrific) to 11 (thank you, Nigel)

I wanted to get your input - you, the members of THP who will be voting on the videos. Please be reasonable in your voting. I know it's tempting to vote for the most horrific outcome possible, but I'd like honesty and realism. If you truly think 15 is do-able then vote 15. If not, vote 11.

This is the pic I just saw.

859017_10200527845499870_209094994_o.jpg

The filming starts Tuesday at 5:00 PM PST, so there's plenty of time for a vote on this.

Thanks all!

Scott

I'll close the voting tomorrow at noon. :cheers:

At our local stores they run $4.99-5.99/lb

That's crazy, I'm in virginia and the store I get my habs from has them on sale for $1.49/lb and they're regularly still only $3.49/lb... good thing peppers don't weigh much, but $7.50 is pretty steep
I wish I could get them that cheap. Need my fresh pod fix. Right now, I'm making due with powders and frozen pods.

I was shocked...at wally world they had a plastic container of around 15 habbies for $3.50......
luckily I have a ton of frozen ones from the garden, and lots of powdered ones too :)

I was going to suggest 12, one per inch of sammich.

i ware princes dresses all the time around the farm. whats wrong with that?

TMI!

:silenced: what happens on the farm, stays on the farm!

I was going to do a test run tomorrow... when will we know if the number of peppers is going to be reduced again?

Don't do a test run! If you don't just breeze through it, you'll psyche yourself out for the real thing...and then we won't have a funny video from you to watch! :mope:

Vote on the amount of peppers here...

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/37464-footlong-face-off-rules-vote/

y'all need to hit "View New Content" a little more often. lol

:rolleyes:

remember, strong lumber begins at 100"

Back