• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Growing Season

Rymerpt said:
Ok ok I just want some reapers. 

Well Ryme, you walked away with this one. Although, I'm fairly certain that even if there were a dozen more entries, you probably still would've come out on top. (Or bottom, as was the goal for this contest!)
     Your heart-breaking tale of gardening misery made my day. Not in a sick, masochistic kind of way, though. More of a shit-your-pants-funny kinda way. Good work! PM me your address, and your little box o' hurt ships tomorrow!

P.S. Ryme, I hope earthquakes and diarrhea continue to be a non-factor in your 2015 growing season!
ikeepfish said:
Mine was pretty bad. 

Rich, that sucks to hear that the weather didn't cooperate this year, but it sounds like you've got a plan to make the most of it. I hope the greenhouse OWs have an easier time in 2015 than they did this year.
     And I STILL haven't forgotten about your dulcamara seeds. The first batch got accidentally thrown out and it took me a while to get another couple of berries drying. They are dry now and they go in the mail tomorrow when I mail Rymerpt's Reapers. I'm going to throw in couple packs of pepper seeds for varieties that I don't think you have. Consider it a conciliation prize or just a little something extra for having to wait so friggin' long for the nightshade seeds!

I know the contest is over but this pic perfectly describes my season. I grew AN Naga Morich.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412401091.486888.jpg

Back