• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

thechileman.org 2008 Pepper growing competition

Hi Guys,

I need you help. Ive been racking my brains as to what to do for next years chileman challenge.

In 2006 we ran the 'Whippets Tail Challenge' to see who could grow the longest pepper

This year it was the turn of the 'Big Jim' (the largest pepper variety) to see if anyone could grow a pepper in excess on 15in and worthy of a place in the guiness book of records.

This is a fun competition and all the prizes and trophy come out of my own pocket. Anyone have any ideas?

PS Seeds must be each to come by so anyone who wants to can take part

PPS Remember its only a bit of fun

Any ideas :rolleyes:

I don't think it will be Peter pepper as I mentioned that about 6 months ago. Smallest chilli of a certain type seems good, well it is if you go by some of the peppers we've grown in England this year :) You could have the plant with the most peppers on. It's hard because the most obvious have been done already, but like Potawie said you could repeat them. I for one didn't take part last time and I'm sure there are others that didn't. You could have a general one, weirdest looking chilli of any kind, seems fair whatever your climate or growing knowledge.

I vote for chilaca.
Fantastic tasting pepper so you're not growing something for nothing.
They are very easy to grow (annuum)and can easily find seeds online.

They grow very long so you could make it a biggest chilaca contest.
Chilaca.jpg

http://thechileman.org/pepperimages/Chilaca.jpg

I love chilaca and it is one of the largest sellers of culinary chiles in Mexican markets. They are also beautiful.

Great shooters, great relleno, great ceviche......

CHILACA8.jpg

Back