• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Thegreenchilemonster Cooks For Three

Since I recently found out that my wife is pregnant, I'll be cooking for 3

I figured I would share dishes throughout the pregnancy that are focused on providing an expecting mother the nutrients she needs to develop a healthy baby.

All of the meat I cook with will be organic, grass fed, and hormone free. All of the vegetables will be organic, and mostly home grown, until the season ends.

There will of course be chiles used in every meal, as always.

To start things off, last night I made this grass fed organic grilled butterflied leg of lamb, curried chickpeas, and steamed broccoli. Lots of quality folic acid and iron in there.

I marinated the lamb in olive oil, fresh garden rosemary, and a diced aji limo, before grilling it up.

Attachments

• 20180822_183137.jpg
    20180822_183137.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 121
  • 20180822_195827.jpg
    20180822_195827.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 109
  • 20180822_203536.jpg
    20180822_203536.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 112
The Hot Pepper said:
Now you're just showing off.
My wife and I were celebrating, and were considering going out to eat. I was like F that, I can make something better, not have to drive in traffic, and half the price of a restaurant. Plus, I gave her a box of assorted Godiva chocolates, that I had picked up earlier in the day. All in, was waaaaay cheaper and better than going to a restaurant, no traffic, plus I got to sip on a few good beers while cooking, and my wife was able to relax in the warm house.

The Hot Pepper said:
I haven't perfected the "cheaper to cook yourself" yet. Shit, making a salad costs $20 with the good blue cheese, box of lettuce, olives............... lol!
2 giant dungeoness crabs at Costco=$25, a rack of Australian lamb rib chops at Costco=$17, 2 handfulls of fresh green beans at Fresh World=$1.50, 2 fresh cucumbers at Fresh World=$1, 1 can of Goya chickpeas=$1, various pinches of spices=$0.50, butter=$1, aji limo=home grown. All in, $47, plus leftovers for 2 meals for lunches today...and I used the leftover crab meat to make 4 crabcakes for dinner tonight. Not too shabby for a super special occasion, with 2 full meals as leftovers, and residual crabmeat to make dinner tonight. Compare that to a similar meal at a restaurant (assuming there was one with a lamb/crab surf and turf) for a dinner for 2, including tips, paying for parking, etc...

Back