• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Thegreenchilemonster Cooks For Three

Since I recently found out that my wife is pregnant, I'll be cooking for 3

I figured I would share dishes throughout the pregnancy that are focused on providing an expecting mother the nutrients she needs to develop a healthy baby.

All of the meat I cook with will be organic, grass fed, and hormone free. All of the vegetables will be organic, and mostly home grown, until the season ends.

There will of course be chiles used in every meal, as always.

To start things off, last night I made this grass fed organic grilled butterflied leg of lamb, curried chickpeas, and steamed broccoli. Lots of quality folic acid and iron in there.

I marinated the lamb in olive oil, fresh garden rosemary, and a diced aji limo, before grilling it up.

Attachments

• 20180822_183137.jpg
    20180822_183137.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 121
  • 20180822_195827.jpg
    20180822_195827.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 109
  • 20180822_203536.jpg
    20180822_203536.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 112
Rajun Gardener said:
DUDE, where are you getting all these awesome dishes from? Does it just pop in your head and you cook it or what? 

You are throwing down some "Good Eats" daily and I wanna know where the inspiration comes from.
I just cook what the Mrs. craves! If she wants Manicotti, I whip up some manicotti! I just wrapped up a whole tray of manicotti for lunhes for the next few days.

It also helps to have a fantastic leftover base sauce from Sunday, when I made...Sunday gravy

Attachments

• 20190130_225812.jpg
    20190130_225812.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 42
When my wife was pregnant she could not tolerate the smell/taste of:  garlic, chiles, cabbage, any kind of bbq and/or fish of any kind.  It got bad enough late term that I'd cook dinner at our friends houses (much to their delight) and then bring home some kind of bland whole foods type hot bar dishes for her.

That your wife is gung ho for all this stuff is an awesome thing.  Prepare yourself for late night cravings.  :) 

SmokenFire said:
When my wife was pregnant she could not tolerate the smell/taste of:  garlic, chiles, cabbage, any kind of bbq and/or fish of any kind.  It got bad enough late term that I'd cook dinner at our friends houses (much to their delight) and then bring home some kind of bland whole foods type hot bar dishes for her.

That your wife is gung ho for all this stuff is an awesome thing.  Prepare yourself for late night cravings.  :) 
Thanks for the advice brother! My wife is Vietnamese, so she loves/craves the durian, fermented, and fishy stuff. My fridge has midnight snacks for days. She hits them up all of the time at night. That's why I have to cook daily.

The day after I fried that pampano the other day, my wife and I got home, and I could instantly tell that the house smelled hella fishy, but my wife was like "it smells so good in here!".

Thegreenchilemonster said:
Fried calamari and fried okra, with a spicy chimichurri/ranch dipping sauce. Soba noodles tossed with sesame oil, and topped with black sesame seeds.
 after reconnecting with my dad and my new stepmom, i sat down to dinner and started making my plate and saw what i thought looked like stuffing and scooped some up and proceeded to eat. i said this stuff here is delicious what is it? she said fried okra and me being a yankee said WTF is fried okra? every year when i visited i looked forward to the okra. :cheers:

Back