• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

This guy eats 5lbs of peppers a day

"Self-sufficient: The man grows eight different types of chillies in his back garden to supply his daily needs"

Only eight? I bet most THP members would have him beat in terms of how many different varieties they are growing. 

"He said: 'Most people brush their teeth in the morning, I just eat chillies to freshen up my breath."

Ummm... Peppers as a substitute for toothpaste? Seems like a bad idea to me...

Entertaining article though. I bet the guy has a hell of a tolerance.

Damn, he seems really devoted haha.
I bet his metabolism is through the roof. I wonder how he would handle eating a raw brainstrain or reaper.

I dont think he grows only 8 plants though, probably 20 plants per variety just to keep his addiction up :)

BlackFatalii said:
"Self-sufficient: The man grows eight different types of chillies in his back garden to supply his daily needs"

Only eight? I bet most THP members would have him beat in terms of how many different varieties they are growing. 

"He said: 'Most people brush their teeth in the morning, I just eat chillies to freshen up my breath."

Ummm... Peppers as a substitute for toothpaste? Seems like a bad idea to me...

Entertaining article though. I bet the guy has a hell of a tolerance.

You dont need toothpaste to keep your teeth clean, as an experiment I tried last year I simply brushed my teeth with Coconut Oil every night before bed and in the morning instead of toothpaste.  Went to the dentist for my six month checkup and as usual "everything looks fine" see you in six months. 

Toothpaste is very convenient so I am using again, I think just the act of brushing even without toothpaste to remove the sugars and buildup on your teeth is enough.  I dont know about just using chili peppers, nothing can replace an actual toothbrush in my estimation.

Also, eating that much chili powder and chili's  what!  lol

Doesn't tell us what varieties either. If all restaurants are giving him is those shaker flakes then it's no surprise he could eat two bowls.

http://www.calorieking.com/foods/calories-in-fresh-or-dried-vegetables-hot-red-chili-peppers-raw_f-ZmlkPTEyMzc0OQ.html

It says for raw hot red chili peppers, 80 ounces is 907 calories. Yes, that's 5 pounds. In jalapeños, only 658 calories.

In any case, he has to eat normal food also. Generally a person's weight multiplied by 10 is the number of calories per day to maintain that weight. Add more for activity level. An adult weighs 110+ pounds for the purpose of taking medicine. That's a minimum of 1100 calories, and I read that an actual balanced diet requires at least 1200.

I didn't see any ghost or 7 pods, so heat wise a lot of members here could beat him, but still 5 pounds of hot peppers a day is a lot of peppers, I'd like to see him try eating 5 pounds of ghost peppers a day, I think he would spend a lot of time on the toilet and eating lots of ice-cream if its available where he's at.

No way I eat that many that I would call hot, but might approach five pounds a day in the summer.  Certainly to or three.  Most is sweet and jalapeno flavored with hot. Often with onion. I love it when the grocery store has the colored sweet peppers for $1.50 and I cook up half a dozen in a stir fry or put into a wrap.  I wouldnt normally eat a $9.00 burrito.  So I know you can stay alive on mostly peppers.

More towards fall, much the same but with potato.

Now if it were all hot, I imagine it would shoot out the other end before any of those nutrients took hold.

Back