• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

This is One Hairy Girl !

SavinaRed said:
As far as I know they are the same pepper just called different names from what I've researched. Maybe one of our expert growers can clear this up for us.  I've heard the cobra is not as tall, grows lower to the ground and wider that the Goat. 

see link below

http://www.tradewindsfruit.com/content/goats-weed-pepper.htm
IMG_1586_zpsx16ffaxn.jpg

This is what my "black cobra" looks like, but its not as hairy or similar to yours. Its only 2 months old though, I sowed it late during april. Maybe it'll look more like yours as time goes on. I hope it actually is a black cobra because then I'd be really mad especially when I paid $5 for 10 seeds from the ebay seller!  :rolleyes:

I've got 3 of em growing this season.  Beautiful plants.  Prolific production.   Whipped up a Bombay dip this wknd. with  just couple Cobras in it...MAN...hot MOFO'S !      At 3AM I awoke to a glowing coal train movin through the body.  
The capsaicin in these  babies are like a drug of sort.   :fireball: Really.

cathee said:
IMG_1586_zpsx16ffaxn.jpg

This is what my "black cobra" looks like, but its not as hairy or similar to yours. Its only 2 months old though, I sowed it late during april. Maybe it'll look more like yours as time goes on. I hope it actually is a black cobra because then I'd be really mad especially when I paid $5 for 10 seeds from the ebay seller!  :rolleyes:

Lookin good.   I can see some black coloring in lower leaves.  That's a good sign as mine started out the same.

Streamer said:
I've got 3 of em growing this season.  Beautiful plants.  Prolific production.   Whipped up a Bombay dip this wknd. with  just couple Cobras in it...MAN...hot MOFO'S !      At 3AM I awoke to a glowing coal train movin through the body.  
The capsaicin in these  babies are like a drug of sort.   :fireball: Really.

Lookin good.   I can see some black coloring in lower leaves.  That's a good sign as mine started out the same.

Oh thats good to hear! I was getting nervous that they weren't black cobra :)

Back