• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

pod This is supposed to be a 7 pot Brain Strain Red plant from Baker's. UPDATE: Pod is ripe.

Hi all.

I'm looking for some kind of confirmation on this plant. I had ordered some live plants from Baker's Peppers awhile back and just recently they started to flower and produce pods. I've been a first time grower so these plants had a rough growing phase with some rough soil and some serious white fly issues (as pictured), but they have managed.

My only problem is that the pods that have started growing don't seem to look the shape of 7 pot brain strain red peppers. Do they change shape as they ripen? Just a little curious. Here's a picture.

Ll1W7OY.jpg

Kwest13 said:

Yeah i'm not sure. Hopefully it is at least in the bhut jolokia family and has a kick to it. I will be looking forward to the other 2 plant "varieties" that I ordered from Bakers when they start dropping pods.

Thanks for the offer in donating to me. Appreciate it.

Least we could do for you! Seriously, that's kinda the point of this forum, to help each other out :)

Scoville DeVille said:
Dude. You need to post this! Much better to say something because this is a problem YOU are having.

The part that makes sick [pissed off] is Dale is still up to his same old shit.

I did not mean to insinuate that your thread made me sick... Heck no.

We have just seen a lot of saddened people 10 months after a Baker's purchase asking the same question as you and it's just not right. Or fair.

Oh right on! Yeah i'll probably attempt to contact Dale again and send him some more pictures of the same plant I posted above. And if he ignores me, I might make a post in vendor vault.

Brain Strain Pepper Head said:
If you don't say something to Bakers he will just keep screwing more and more members. I hate to think how many non members he screws that we never hear about. I have brain strain seeds if you want me to send you some.

Yeah don't worry about that, I will definitely attempt to make contact and inform him of what's going on. I will also report back here or maybe even make another thread depending on how long it takes.
Since this thread got a little bit of attention. I took a couple more pics of the plants. It's night now so the pictures suck, but here they are anyway. Maybe I will take more tomorrow.

to0Qm5o.jpg

0DkFias.jpg

Looking at the new picture, I'm more inclined than ever to say you got sent some variety of Bhut...

elcap1999 said:
Looking at the new picture, I'm more inclined than ever to say you got sent some variety of Bhut...

It certainly looks the shape of it. Or at least a little bit. From what I've seen, even bhut jolokia in an unripened green state still has more "ribs" and "ridges." None the less, i'd be at least okay if it was. But if I find out these pods have no more heat than a jalapeno, i'm gonna start wiggin out.  :P

I'd like to take more pictures, but I can't get any really good shots in the dark at the moment.

Kwest13 said:

It certainly looks the shape of it. Or at least a little bit. From what I've seen, even bhut jolokia in an unripened green state still has more "ribs" and "ridges." None the less, i'd be at least okay if it was. But if I find out these pods have no more heat than a jalapeno, i'm gonna start wiggin out.  :P

I'd like to take more pictures, but I can't get any really good shots in the dark at the moment.

No worries. I barely had a chance to get pics of my plants this evening outside, thanks to that pesky little time change...

He borrowed $5k from a fellow user on this site some time ago, and only very recently did he even begin to pay it off. How far along he is in repayment, or if he's repayed at all, who knows?

To my knowledge, he has paid back 50% of the 5K.

After two years, several vacations, some ridicule and MUCH prodding, even public denial on his part (he didn't have the address of the lender which is why he took two years) I have not heard that he has paid back the balance.

Pfft.
P.S. And if you want this thread to REALLY blow up, change the name of it to,

"This is supposed to be a 7 pot Brain Strain from BAKER'S"

BOOM.

How does this keep happening?

Amazing how i sleep well pretty much sure the members on here that give free seeds, FREE, or a dollar are sending me the real deal and this is my first year as a member!

Great vendors here as well. I know of just 2 i wont touch and they are like blood brothers.

Scoville DeVille said:
To my knowledge, he has paid back 50% of the 5K.

After two years, several vacations, some ridicule and MUCH prodding, even public denial on his part (he didn't have the address of the lender which is why he took two years) I have not heard that he has paid back the balance.

Pfft.
P.S. And if you want this thread to REALLY blow up, change the name of it to,

"This is supposed to be a 7 pot Brain Strain from BAKER'S"

BOOM.

Title changed. I thought I might have been an uncommon case, but seeing how many people have had a bad experience dealing with this vendor, it's changing my perspective.

PrimeTime said:
How does this keep happening?

Amazing how i sleep well pretty much sure the members on here that give free seeds, FREE, or a dollar are sending me the real deal and this is my first year as a member!

Great vendors here as well. I know of just 2 i wont touch and they are like blood brothers.

For a while I thought those two vendors you mentioned we're one person. I mean they cheat people the same way. They respond to criticism te same. Way ( which is blame others )

Kwest. Feel free to PM me for good recommendation for vendors and who to stay away from. Will also link you to my drama.

Sadly. Bakers tend to do this to a lot of people. We all feel the same. Thinking its isolated incident. But no. They will blame you. And lie " it's only the first few pods. It'll change. Or give it time. Or not all grow "picture perfect"

So ya. Not a brain strain.

:rofl:  :rofl:  dude was just advertising a few months back calling out growers including me. saying that all of us dudes that grow anything besides the top hot peppers are losers. even mentioned the ghost pepper as not worth growing and lesser growers grow them.   now he is selling them :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Back