• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

This is why I live in So Cal

7qNTrHN.gif

Yep thats a pretty typical looking place around here. That place actually looks pretty nice in comparison. Lol

Around here we have 1 strip about 2-3 blocks long that some call "Little Mexico". Competition is fierce and the food rocks but not one of them offers birria!!!! One place has a spicy beef and veggie soup that is damn good though. In my old neighborhood a place had birria and one of the best hot sauces ive ever had. Another place was in the basement of a tiny strip mall. It was simply called Latinos and lots of the food had Dominican/Puerto Rican influence....It was a dive but some of the food was killer and not offered anywhere else locally.

Pueblo Nuevo is the only place in STL that has birria that i can find and their hot sauce is/was amazing.

Unfortunately, I'm such a fanatic about hot sauce that even if a place has awesome food but the hot sauce sucks, I probably won't go back.

I cant find a pic of it. They no longer have a website and its kind of a long drive now. Their hot sauce is THE ONE that really got me into higher quality sauces. They used to sell bottles of it and next time im up that way i will grab some if they still sell it.

Theres a local chain place that has a ghost pepper sauce but you need to ask for it. It's actually pretty good

Can't find a burrito thread so I'll just bump this one. One of the local mexican markets has a restaurant inside so I picked up a chile verde burrito yesterday and some horchata. It was done right for sure!

Attachments

• 20180709_144015-1.jpg
    20180709_144015-1.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 85
In Chicago it's called burrito suizo - topped with cheese & salsa then broiled till shmelty.  

Regardless I'm a taco man.  Onions, cilantro, lime and I'm good.  

Back