• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

This thing confuses me.

So I bought a few plants from a local nursery off their clearance section. I got a few Hab strains a yellow, orange, and Red. And this thing... It was labeled as a Cayenne and I'm quite sure this pepper is not.
555670_4359009939640_914826351_n.jpg

318711_4359014299749_1068491304_n.jpg

487890_4359016019792_569874501_n.jpg

It is just under 2 inches long and 1 1/2 wide as well as a full inch tall

Cut open it looks like so

557349_4359075541280_308877617_n.jpg

There is no heat that I can tell at all and it has the flavor of a Thai or tabasco pod. A little bitter and very plant like.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Yeah I Checked every one of my plants in the area again today mid day and not a single Aphid, Thankfully.

So yes false alarm I just ended up going over every plant outside today and found a Tomato worm trying to munch on one of my tomato's but no Aphids so it turned out to be worth going over my plants with a fine tooth comb.

I appreciate the paranoia saved me at least one tomato and it was a Cherokee Purple so I would have been sad to lose it due to my obsession with Purple plants and food lol. I even grow Purple basil so I can make my own purple pesto lol.

Good to hear. :)

Yeah, I am a bit on the paranoid side when it comes to pests.... but after being cursed with the worst of the worst of 'em (broad mite, fruit fly, etc), I have an excuse! :lol:

You are correct I do see them after you pointed it out. But another inspection and I still can't find any bugs on my porch at all. I really think the ladybugs that wander my area tend to eat them all tho.

I do appreciate the heads up as I have dealt with possibly the worst case I ever had after getting a few plants from someone in FL when I lived down there. Took me months to get rid of them because I was naughty and didn't quarantine the new plants, Lost a couple plants in the effort too but I was able to recover. Now all my new plants sit on the front porch for a minimum of 2 months now.

The other plant you see is the "worlds hottest pepper" from the same nursery turned out to be a red savina so I'm happy with it, was hoping for the Fatalii's that everyone else got tho lol.

Thanks,
David

I agree with Gas that it looks like a Chinese with the leaves and the way the buds are growing (multiple at the node), but the shoulder on the stem of the actual pepper looks more like an annuum.

Good thing you got those aphids taken care of. I hate those little things.

Back