• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

those dang hippies are at it again...

I agree that it doesn't require a rocket scientist to figure out, what's going on at that fest!

Oh, they seized some LCD!!!
smilie_happy_010.gif

Bwahaha, "LCD". Something caught my eye though,
"We have been targeting all illegal activities, from traffic offences, violence and anti-social behaviour through to the supply and possession of all illicit drugs."

Anti-social behaviour is an illegal activity? WTF?

imaguitargod said:
Bwahaha, "LCD". Something caught my eye though,
"We have been targeting all illegal activities, from traffic offences, violence and anti-social behaviour through to the supply and possession of all illicit drugs."

Anti-social behaviour is an illegal activity? WTF?
Yeah, on the anti-social part I agree. Kind of sounds big brotherly doesn't it? If people want to party and get high I could care less. As long as no ones getting hurt.

I have not been to Nimbin, I only live a little less than 1 hour drive away, not sure, would have to confirm with BillyBoy, he may have a better idea on how far away we live, but Nimbin seems to be the but of all druggie jokes round here! :)

Nimbin is an interesting town. You cant walk 5 metres without being offered something that is considered illegal. Mostly, the cops turn a blind eye to joints, but crack down hard on bongs (water pipes) and most everything else.
The town, sadly, has become a haven for misfits, and has developed problems with harder drugs; heroin when it was popular, now some use of meth amphetamine. Acid's always around too. After dark, the demeanour of the place changes. I remember staying at the pub there one night and being kept awake by a "domestic" most of the night.
Each to their own -- I've seen alky hol destroy more lives than pot.

On an up note, it is a very nice place to spend a day! Just dont drive home -- get the bus!

RS

Back