• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

thought I'd share a couple pictures

It's fun reading about all the different peppers and such but I love the pictures. So here's a couple of mine.

I'll start with my jalapeno. There are several ripe that I'll pick soon. Here's a couple.

jal1.jpg

jal2.jpg

Here's my serrano. Lots of green peppers right now. This one has been producing pretty well.

ser1.jpg

Here's a couple squat, funny looking ripe ones.

ser2.jpg

And this last one is supposedly some sort of habanero. A friend gave me the seeds but no other info. It's just starting to put out fruit so I should know more soon.

hab2.jpg

Several little babies scattered around it. Hope it puts out a ton of hotties.

hab1.jpg

I've got another half dozen plants that are all somewhat small and not fruiting yet. They're all my super hots so I really hope they grow big and strong and fast so I can start getting some heat.

I welcome all comments or feel free to add your own pix.

:cheers:

Thanks, all. First time the jalapeno plant produced I got impatient and picked everything green. (although they were all nicely corked) This time I was determined to let them get fully ripe. It's taken awhile but I'm glad I waited.

It is worth it waiting for them to turn red. For salsa green is fine, but a nice red ripe jalapeno tastes so good fresh.

Yeah and you rarely see red Jalapenos at the super market, atleast I dont. Nice looking pods, I hope mine come on strong son too, some of my super hots are starting to set pods, so wont be long (compared to how long they have been growing anyways).

I personally don't see the point in growing green jalapenos. Too easy to find in the grocery store and cheap too. I grow them because they are so much better red ripe and I can't find them anywhere in the stores around here. Just my opinion though, everyone has their own preference.

Anyways, your plants are looking great and congrats on the pods.
jacob

Hello Duffman,

Your red jalapenos look great. How long did it take for them to fully ripen from dark green to red? My jala's have been dark green (fully corked) for weeks, with no red to be seen...How long must I wait???

Thanks for your reply!

very nice looking japs Duff...bet they are tasty...what kind are they?

Yeah and you rarely see red Jalapenos at the super market, atleast I dont.

we get the reds here in the markets all the time...thing is they are 4.99 a pound vs .99 per pound for green...I just don't see a $4 per pound difference...

I personally don't see the point in growing green jalapenos. Too easy to find in the grocery store and cheap too. I grow them because they are so much better red ripe and I can't find them anywhere in the stores around here. Just my opinion though, everyone has their own preference.

I grow them at home (for green and red) because what I grow is usually a lot hotter than what I buy at the store...as you say though everybodys got a opinion...

Back