• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

THP fav. candy bar?

I had a dark chocolate bar with a beer (maybe stout) caramel inside and it was da bomb. Other than that I don't eat that 7-11 fare. A couple chili dark chocolate bars here and there (may one or two a year) that's it.

Vosges Chocolates...
In order of my favs
Smoke and Stout
Black Salt and Caramel
Red Fire
and of course the Mo's Chocolate Bacon bar. How can you go wrong with bacon??
They're a bit pricey, so, My once a week or so go to is Almond Joy and I could probably eat my weight in Reese's with a gallon of milk!

"...Whatchamacallit, Take 5, 100 Grand... 1...2...3 knockout punch..."
I never had a Take 5, but the other two rock it! Another one similar was the Caravelle...

I can remember when the price for a candy bar jumped from 5 cents (constant price thru the 50's when I was a youngin'...) to 10 cents in '69 (when I was a teenager driving for the 1st time...)

Some other faves are 3 Musketeers (frozen is best), Heath bars & anything with that peanut/chocolate combo (like Reese's or Butterfinger).

And then there were Milk Duds.....Mmmmm...

Are Ferrero Rocher too hoity toity to be a candy bar?

Other than that mark me down for Whatchamacallit, although I'm munching on a 5th Avenue right now, and almost never turn down a Clark bar when I can find them.

And 35 cents when I was spending my summers in small fry baseball. I remember the big jump to 50 cents!

Take 5 is my favorite. The mix of salty pretzel with caramel and chocolate is so damn addictive.

I like Take 5's. It's one of those just teetering on being too much, but not quite.

Just Wiki'd it, and there is a Take 6 ice cream bar. Dear God, that's pushing that tipping point!

Twix zagnuts and take 5's are my favorite but that's if you don't count snickers ice cream bars.

I could eat a whole dam box of those things.

Back