• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds three leaf seedling

Hi all, Im Pauly from Perth WA.

Here is my attempt at growing seeds. im trying to get a head start on the season. there about a month old and not growing to quick. i use a weak chilli focus once a week. Any tips would be appreciated.

So far there are Choc habs, Fatali's, Trinidad 7 pot and some scorps.

i have never seen a three leaved seedling do they happen often?

IMG_1207.jpg

IMG_1206.jpg

Cheers Pauly

Looking good! :cool:

Join the rest of us crazy Aussie winter growers while we still have a month of winter left.... http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/21897-winter-in-oz-comparison/

i have never seen a three leaved seedling do they happen often?
I dunno if I would say it happens "often" but it certainly does happen from time to time.

Is that a 3 leaved choc hab? I germinated a couple chocolate hab seeds I bought from Hippy and I too got a 3 leaved seedling. I had never seen one before either.

Is that a 3 leaved choc hab? I germinated a couple chocolate hab seeds I bought from Hippy and I too got a 3 leaved seedling. I had never seen one before either.

sorry a three leaved Fatali. did your three leaved seedling grow any better that the rest?

cheers Pauly

mine is only about as old as yours, got my seeds in the mail and couldn't wait. Im going to grow it all winter by my sunny window since i've only got a month of grow season left, and have a ultra early start on spring. I'll let you know how it goes.

mine is only about as old as yours, got my seeds in the mail and couldn't wait. Im going to grow it all winter by my sunny window since i've only got a month of grow season left, and have a ultra early start on spring. I'll let you know how it goes.

Awesome would be keen to see how yours go. mine is also next to a sunny window but with a heat source from underneath. Might look into some grow light too!

Hi Pauly :welcome:\

I've had a few. They happen from time to time. One of mine didn't grow well at all, and the other was normal.
This one is from last season. It had 4 cotyledons. It has been growing all winter out in the cold and rain and is still flowering right now.
IonaSportsCarnivalterm42010027.jpg

Hi Pauly :welcome:\

I've had a few. They happen from time to time. One of mine didn't grow well at all, and the other was normal.
This one is from last season. It had 4 cotyledons. It has been growing all winter out in the cold and rain and is still flowering right now.
IonaSportsCarnivalterm42010027.jpg

Cheers. That seedling just looks strong and tuff. all my plants outside are going pretty bad in the cold and rain except a mongrel chilli tree i have which is more of a weed.

Back