Thrifty Kitchen Shoppin'

also...the collectible value. yes, they are collectible. Is it worth anything? very doubtful. Use it and be glad you got a cheap kitchen gadget. i just bought a bottle capper that was likely made when my Grandmother was born. i'm TOTALLY using it to bottle my next batch of beer. it's only worth what someone is willing to pay. you paid $10, so that's the worth. ;)

fineexampl said:
i just bought a bottle capper that was likely made when my Grandmother was born. i'm TOTALLY using it to bottle my next batch of beer. it's only worth what someone is willing to pay.

Hey! I have one of those! Going ONCE......going TWICE............... NOT!

this is about what mine looks like,
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Metal-B...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item335a040c8f

but $5 for the capper and $15 for shipping?????/

Man. I'm in the WRONG business! I used to thing we should be in the oil/gas business. Now I think we should be in the delivery business.............

salsalady said:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Metal-B...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item335a040c8f

Man. I'm in the WRONG business! I used to thing we should be in the oil/gas business. Now I think we should be in the delivery business.............
That's an ebay thing. I think they suggest a dollar amount for the shipping. not sure. that said, i paid $18 for mine. The one you linked to is much niftier than my simple one. This is mine...
22774_304649238093_616883093_3289305_2529455_n.jpg

well, I'll just have to drag mine out of the cellar for a pic tomorrow.......... LATE tomorrow..............as in about 15 hours from whenever this is posted..........................
FINE's is an awesome capper! Mine is not that good looking~~~

Here's the hot-plate. It's a MUCH newer piece. There doesn't seem to be any thermostat, so I'd assume it's just for keeping things warm AFTER cooking.

100_1329.jpg

I got a few other gadgets thrown in as well.....like a bottle opener, a slotted scoop for pulling stuff out of the deep fryer, a combination sieve and funnel (VERY COOL)....just odds and ends.

I'm going to some other stores today!!

I notice the first one has a 2-prong plug and the hot plate has a 3-prong plug. That's a hint to their ages. Have fun saling! (not a typo- garage sale-ing :) )

salsalady said:

$5 for capper and 15 for shipping.
hahahaha. Reminds me of a certain tightwad Englishman's son going to London for higher studies.
Spending dad's money on cheap prostitutes and sending monthly expense account to dad.
Shooting ducks ....5 Pounds
Gun repair 500 Pounds.

JayT said:
Oh shoot, just saw he was banned. Missed that one. Anyone wanna pm me the details?

if you get a PM, forward it to me????

Thrift shops & yard sales RULE!! I got a 3-knife set of 1960's Sabatier knives for $4.00 in a thrift shop. My 1950's "beehive" Osterizer works perfectly & will grind just about anything & no burnt-out motor....$5.00 from a yard sale. Kitchen-Aid stand mixer with dough-hooks? $15.00 = yard sale! My personal opinion ( and we all know what they say about opinions!) is that unless you like playing "keep up with the Joneses" you'd have to be a fool to buy pretty much anything (except food!) new. I'm not poor (not rich, either!) but any mildly intelligent human could figure out that it's insanity to spend $100.00 on an item you can get used for..oh, maybe five or ten bucks!You GO, Quadshotz!

Back