• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Tie game?

I agree 100% WTF! Im so pissed off! Lets get rid of this rule!?! Ask the 50,000+ who paid to watch a good football game if they are happy they went home with a tied game! Why do we have a rule like this if no one likes a tie!

A field goal wins it and can be kicked from 50+ yards im sure 15/30 mins more and it would have been done.

I think a tie is better than watching multiple OT periods for the same game. If neither team can score in the one overtime period, then the game should be a draw.

BTW, the last time this happened was in 2006. So if we only see a couple of tie games in a decade, then there is nothing wrong with that.

I think a tie is better than watching multiple OT periods for the same game. If neither team can score in the one overtime period, then the game should be a draw.

BTW, the last time this happened was in 2006. So if we only see a couple of tie games in a decade, then there is nothing wrong with that.

I agree if its a total crap game and no one can score it sucks. Why not take page out of the college rules for OT. If nothing else give it too the team with the most offensive yard, most 1st downs, something.

The only OT should be, Both teams kick Field Goals starting at the 35 yard line, then the 40, 45 etc.
First team to miss, loses.

Done.

The only OT should be, Both teams kick Field Goals starting at the 35 yard line, then the 40, 45 etc.
First team to miss, loses.

Done.
Good point......I agree, the PK's should remove their hand warmers, get off the sidelines and earn their keep....no game should end in a tie. Funny part about it is seeing the players shaking hands after the game.It seemed like some of the refs were out there with "concussions"

I don't agree with this its like saying 4 quarters of football is good but a few more quarters when the game is tied and next score wins is less exciting? I don't get it that's the best part!

If you like watching the same team play all day, I guess that is fine. But I have other things I'd prefer doing with my time, instead of watching 2 teams who can't even score a field goal to end the game.

a tie is still better than watching other sports that have childish rules of playing several times to figure out who won :rolleyes:
lets play...ya lost..no lets play best out of 3....no lets play best out of 5......no lets play best out of 7 :rolleyes:
get fricking real! play 1 game you win or lose...end of story!! unless during regular season maybe a tie is ok after couple OT.
I cant give much respect to a game with childish rules that play best out of...

Back