• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Tired of....of.............C Chinense!!!!!AAHHHH!!!

I love the heat, but I am not eating my chocolate SB's because they have soooooooo much of that fruity twang.

Of course I have 30 other varieties of c chinense to choose from.

I am drawn to the yellow and orange ones because I get less of that twang.

Isn't that vieeeerd?(goldmember)

;)

I love the yellows, but the chocolates are great too. I however never really find them that fruity but more smokey with a raw, nasty kind of throat burning heat. I find them great when lightly smoked and made into a tomato based BBQ type sauce

wow 3600x2432. 10mb..... yea picture overkill.

anyways i havent tried many chinese peppers yet i should have craploads next year though. but yea the only chinese i have had is an orange hab.

Jesus Nate!!lol.

That is the thread de-rail of all time.

Actually, the size made it all the more awesome.

Anyone have an opinion on the OP?;)

cheezydemon said:
I love the heat, but I am not eating my chocolate SB's because they have soooooooo much of that fruity twang.

Too much fruity twang? I don't think I've ever came across that situation before.

Btw, at the risk of askin a dumba$$ ?, what's the OP?

OP - Original Poster

7 knob pimple dick. That's a good one POTAWIE.

I love the real "fruity twang" of habs.

patrick said:
OP - Original Poster

7 knob pimple dick. That's a good one POTAWIE.

I love the real "fruity twang" of habs.
LMAO....seriously....

How did Nate delete that whole post?

These things are almost sour in their twang. Maybe it's just me.

I don't know about the twang however my favs at the moment are the yellows. Bonda's and yellow 7's rock my world.

chillilover said:
Orange habs have more fruity twang the chocolate habs.....no?

Thats what I was thinking. I personally don't really like the super fruity twang of orange habs but I find choc. chinenses nice and smokey. Its strange how Cheezy finds his orange habs smokey and his chocolates' fruity:) Different peppers or different tastes?

POTAWIE said:
Thats what I was thinking. I personally don't really like the super fruity twang of orange habs but I find choc. chinenses nice and smokey. Its strange how Cheezy finds his orange habs smokey and his chocolates' fruity:) Different peppers or different tastes?

Probably crossed chocolates.

They were supposed to be something else last year from the parcel post.

They are REALLY damn hot, but soooooo citrusy.

The orange habs are from Lowe's Home center. consistent smoky flavor over the last 3 years.

Hi there!
Hope this question fits in here.
I am one of (perhaps the few) who can't stand that chinense "twang" at all. Especially if it goes into apricot direction. Actually I avoid eating chinense and am not eager to plant them for consumption since I found out. I am living in Thailand and no-one around seems to truly like them either. People tend to be rather conservative and stick to their "tradtions" too, Frutescens are the real thing here.

But here is my question: I have been told that Bhut Jolokia should be an altrnative then, because they are lacking the typical apricot or 'tropical' perfume and flavor. I've been told that they actually taste more like frutescens - neutral peppery, compared to chinense.

Recently this has been denied in a other forum, where someone pretended that "his" Bhuts had a strong apricot flavor, much like Fataliis.

As I haven't taste any ( just because my tongue and throat are no match for 1 Mio.SCO) I can't tell, but am still interested in the real facts from someone objective. Because if they have any strong chinesnse flavor, even like Fataliis, my interest of growing them is gone once and for good.

So, what do the experts say about it?
Thanks!

I have tried the Bhut (well 3/4 of one) and didn't get any twang. I just got heat, heat and more heat. Have a look at this, it should help you greatly.

Hmmm.. I've never just mowed on a one like Neil does in the vids, or like Nova has, but to me there is a wonderful flavor that the Bhut lends to sauces that is unlike any I've tasted in other peppers. Fruity and savory at the same time, but not like a hab. Also not like a fructescens. Really savory and fruity at the same time, but also high on the smokeness to my tastebuds.

Great pepper!!

Bhuts/nagas seem to have a very apricot/green apple like taste, moreso than other chinenses to my taste buds. Maybe not so much if used green.

I am not quite there Luca, but I am finding that I like 7 POTs and my chocolate SB's in dried form. They seem to have less of that citrus twang when powdered or crushed.

Both me and my father thought that my bih jolokias smelled peach. I tasted it, and it was less fruity than the chocolate [scotch bonnet] and carribean red [habanero] ive harvested this summer. I prefer the bih jolokia, its more savory and is easier to fit into the sort of cooking im used to. The choc bonnet is waaaaaay too fruity for my taste, its the smell that i got a problem with, the smell is so intense, a whole room gets perfumed after deseeding one pod. :)

Back