• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

to wet or to dry?

I am using air pots filled with grodan grow cubes.
My pepper is almost 4 ft tall. If anyone has this system please
tell me how often should I water. I am now watering everyother
Day and all has gone ok till now. Its like a hydroponics system without
the constant water. I am having leaves fall off and they seem
to wilt first indicating to little water. Would you agree..
What is good indoor humidity for hot peppers. Im at
40% only. Could this be the causr of my flowers dying after 2or 3
days.? Have had tons of flowers but only 2 fruit.
Using paint brush to pollinate.
Looked online and no one else seems to be doing what I
am. Thanks for any help

Trev

Yes, if its wilting it will need more water, I have grow indoors in cocoa coir, and i had to water them 2x a day when they were flowering and fruting, but I also grew them in 1 gallon pots.

Also, if i am not mistakn, with the airpot, and the grow cubes its almost impossible to overwater. If i am not mistake they will only hold so much water, so it helps prevent overwatereing.

If your media is wet when you are watering it then it is too much, if it is dry then not enough check the ph from the run off when you water. With rock wool the ph should be 5.5 to 6.5 also is cal mag is your nutrient solution. To set fruit hydroponically ( with out organic substance) you need cal mag if your nutrient does not contain enough.

Thanks everyone..my pots are 3gallon ..

How do you upload pics to this conversation?
Looked everywhere. Cant find it..thanks

Yes, if its wilting it will need more water, I have grow indoors in cocoa coir, and i had to water them 2x a day when they were flowering and fruting, but I also grew them in 1 gallon pots.

Also, if i am not mistakn, with the airpot, and the grow cubes its almost impossible to overwater. If i am not mistake they will only hold so much water, so it helps prevent overwatereing.

Um WRONG! Peppers that have been over watered will wilt too.

Thanks for the pics but they really don't show much. In the photo with the pod the leaf directly above the pod you can see little bumps running along the vein. That could be edema which usually means over watering. Can you post more pics of the underside of a few leaves and the entire plant without the lights?

I agree with Patrick, we need to see more pics. From the pics you've shown the plant seems pretty healthy. There may be some slight edema happening, but it's nothing to be worried about. As for the falling leaves, the canopy on the plant has gotten quite large. Leaves on the underside of the plant aren't going to get much light and, thus are unnecessary. The plant is probably just dropping those leaves since they aren't helping in photosynthesis.

Thats what I thought. Canopy was blocking out the light
I will cut back alittle on watering aswell. Better pics soon.
You guys are awsome. Thanks.
One more thing. I pepper has gone from green to a orangey
Red but more orange. Is it ready to eat or does butch t
Go red red..?

I'd go ahead and eat it..... or make someone else eat it so I could laugh at them like the time I brought 5 bhuts to work and got 4 brave souls besides myself to toss one back. Hilarious day!

I found this topic and am wondering if I am not watering enough..they wilt during the het of the day, BUT they perk right back up at night? is this normal? or am I under or over watering?

what K rating is your lights at?
they both look like 6500K or maybe a little lower am i correct?
if so id add something in the red spectrum like a 2700K or 3000K, that will help your flowers from dropping as much and grow more fruit

also is that 4ft with the pot?
just curious

Yes, pepper plants will look a little wilted in full sun during hot days. They rebound after the sun sets. If the dont rebound, you need to water.

Back