• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification.

Tobago Seasoning

Here's a picture of my pods on the plant. :)

Chris

P1070016.jpg

Here is mine...I don't want to pick it because it is not completely ripe yet...I want to wait a couple of days or so...mine look more like Chris' than RBs...and are they supposed to be yellow?

081508aTrinidadPerfume.jpg

Mine are red and look nothing like any above pic but I don't think I have any good pods to photograph right now:(

POTAWIE said:
Mine are red and look nothing like any above pic but I don't think I have any good pods to photograph right now:(

do they look like the ones on Marks website in the database?

I am not 100% sure, but this what I think the "real deal" Tobago Seasoning pepper looks like. I know someone in Tobago and this picture was sent a while back. It's different than a regular habanero. There is a red and yellow strain I hear.

Chris

TobagoSeasoning.jpg

I think you have the real thing there AJ. probably the yellow version. I doubt they go from yellow to red. Orange to red maybe, but probably not yellow to red.

cmpman1974 said:
I am not 100% sure, but this what I think the "real deal" Tobago Seasoning pepper looks like. I know someone in Tobago and this picture was sent a while back. It's different than a regular habanero. There is a red and yellow strain I hear.

Chris

TobagoSeasoning.jpg

Mine look more like that, but longer and pointed. They are definitely hot!

My plant is hurculean too Aussie beer guy, ;). It towers over the other plants and has lots of huge pods.

How does it do it?? Pics tomorrow.

And to be honest, I am not certain that the flavor is "good". My first taste was so wierd I could hardly formulate an opinion. And I mentioned cardamom as a possible flavor profile, Cardamom is a seasoning that I still can't really find a use for.

Where is trini??? I need a recipe that these peppers are used in.

very interesting the different pod types that are supposed to be the same type of plants started from seed....hmmmmmmm

Thanks THSC...I do to

How big is that plant Cheezy (height?)...

Mine is getting more ripe by the day and still holding the yellow color..

081608e001.jpg

I am really curious about the taste now....

AlabamaJack said:
How big is that plant Cheezy (height?)...

Mine is getting more ripe by the day and still holding the yellow color..

081608e001.jpg

Intresting A.J there seems to be so many SEASONING Peppers from the Caribbean islands..got some Martinique and Haitian seasoning pepper seeds for next season..And looking at yours a hybrid? :shocked:

Back