• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Today's Pickin's and ID Question

Pickings for today: Tobago Seasoning, Hot Cow Horn, Cherry, Golden Habanero, Caribbean Red, Orange Fatali, assorted Cayenne, Thai Hots and a couple of ??

IMG2038-L.jpg

The ?? peppers are the 2 on the lower left, the 1/2 green one and the one next to it:
IMG2033-L.jpg

IMG2029-L.jpg

I'm not sure what these are, Jolokia? Scorpion? The reason I'm not sure is because when I thin my seedlings I try to save the clipped seedling and root them water before planting in soil. My clippings got mixed up so I have several that have a big "?" on the 5 gal bucket they are currently in. Some are easy to identify such as the Cayenne, Habanero and Cow Horn. I did plant some Butch T Trinidad Scorpions, Ghost (Jolokia) and Fatali. My Ghost peppers on my other plants are similar to these but are bigger and do not have as sharp of a point as these have.

Any help is appreciated!

Possibly Scorpions, since Jolokias tend to have a lot bumpier of skin than Scorpions usually have. Also, the way the lobes are buckled in seems to indicate a little more leaning toward the Scorpion, but either way, they're both nuclear hot and delicious!

Thanks for the ID help!

I have eaten the "Scorpions" the past 2 days with breakfast, hot, hotter than a Habanero but not as hot as I would expect a Scorpion pepper to be (never had one before). Not alot of placenta:

IMG2048-XL.jpg

BTW, Hendrix1326, thanks for the Padron pepper seeds earlier this year, they are producing a good crop and are very tasty prepared the traditional way:

IMG2052-XL.jpg

No prob, glad they produced for you! I loved those ripe, as well, and may end up growing them again this coming year. When I grew them, I only got a couple of pods, since it was my first year and I had no practice. I would love to try the traditional fried recipe myself, and if I get a good harvest of them whenever I grow them again, I will do just that!

My GF fried that lot up for me tonight. Man were they good. True to the "Os pementos de Padrón, uns pican e outros non" (Galician for "Padrón peppers, some are hot and some are not"(from Wikipedia), 2 of them had decent heat while the rest were mild, sort of a Poblano taste.

Back