• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Tolemans 2009/ 2010 Season

So I have a few seedlings recently started,

Bonda ma Jackque
Chocolate Habanero
Mustard Hab x2
DSCF1834.jpg

Also got my Hydro Supplies last week - Rockwool starters, 3" cubes, 2 x 50 ltr hydroton - Drip system tray is in the greenhouse
P111109_1548.jpg

Looking like a good start. Are you going to be growing inside, or just getting a huge head start for next year?

millworkman said:
Looking like a good start. Are you going to be growing inside, or just getting a huge head start for next year?

Huge head start.

Hydro plants are not going to be started till feb/ march, ready for greenhouse in May

Well if you saw my other post 'Rotting seeds' I was getting a bit peeved off with trying to germinate. Then I checked the temps where they were in tissue and it was 100f! I thought they were goners so expanded a load of jiffy pellets and put them all in them. The jiffys went on a plate and I bagged the whole thing with a freezer bag. The good part is we have loops! These so far,

7 Pot Brain (thanks Cappy)
Mixed Congo (thanks Trini)
Habanero Paper Lantern

My patient levels have now gone back up and Im a bit more optimistic about the rest.

Anyway 4 days after the last pic and I can see growth everyday now. Plants are 5cm (2") away from the tubes and appear to be short and stocky. I can blow them and they just quiver slightly.

Light moved for picture - normally sits central
DSCF1836.jpg

DSCF1837.jpg

DSCF1838.jpg

Chris

Is that a good or bad thing? It was the stuff I had and I mixed plenty of perlite and vermiculite through to give good aeration to the root zone.

They seem to to be doing ok.

Chris

Cheers PRF. The first brain strain has lost half of each seed leaf due to seed cap removal but it should pull through fine. Had almost 100% germination rate from the 7BS - Thanks for sending them and I will keep you updated.

Chris

Toleman said:
Is that a good or bad thing? It was the stuff I had and I mixed plenty of perlite and vermiculite through to give good aeration to the root zone.

They seem to to be doing ok.

Chris

Very good. Most people use a very dense material to grow in. They don't even care that the roots can't breathe. That's why their plants are all yellow and sickly slow growing.

Added 2 cfl's to the box today. Now have 76w in my 2'x1' area. So thats 38w per square foot.

Temps are rising though
DSCF1841.jpg

Back