trade tomato/peppers/other seeds trade for hot peppers

Hello all,
My name is Arian and this is my first post here... This is my first year gardening, and its been exciting summer ...
Was pretty exciting to grow successfully 30 tomato plants (15 different heirloom varieties) and some peppers.
I just closed down my tomato plants (some unknown red variety is still churning some out and some Idli and Aunt Rubee's Cherry are still left ripening)...
My peppers are still going strong which i been excited about (in Philadelphia area).
I was reading heavily this week about new things to plant next year, especially hot peppers which i didn't do as great as a variety as my tomatoes:

I saved some seeds of my tomatoes and have other things to trade for these varieties which i am very interested in:
real Jamaican Scotch Bonnets (with the 'hat')
Chocolate Habinero (think its also called Congo Black)
Black Habanero ("It was originally developed by a European grower that crossed a Clavo with a chocolate habanero.")
White Habinero
Aji Limon
Aji Chombo
Manzano
Malaysian Goronong
Jamaican Hot Chocolate Hab (might get this off ajijoe)
A mild Habinero type that has Habinero flavor (with same level of hotness as a Thai pepper or even a milder one for the ladies in my family :) ) .

I have to trade:

Tomatoes:
Cherokee Purple
Brandywine Black
Brandywine (prob regular variety, didn't plant)
Black Krim
Marglobe
Bonnie's Best
Sub-Artic
Unknown Red cherry from CA farmers market (very cold resistant ... while last cherries are on dying dry branches, this one has some green growth left, large sized cherry, slightly bigger than Black Cherry)

(From tomatoefest.com):
Black Tula
Paul Robeson
Black Zebra
Tim's Black Ruffles
Anna's Noire
Amana Orange
Aunt Rubee's German Green
Hawaiian Pineapple
Dagma's Perfection
Amish Gold
Aunt Rubee's Yellow Cherry
Blondkopfchen (cherry)
Black Cherry
Idli (cherry)
Ultimate Giant

Peppers (most from pepperjoe):
Chickenheart (orange)
Hungarian hot wax pepper
Thai hot pepper (orange)
Bolivian Rainbow pepper
Bhut Jolokia (only 3 seeds left though, might be able to get some from a plant i have growing but I planted it very late so might move it indoors to get some peppers/seeds)
Pumpkin Habinero
Some unknown Caribean's: pics attached since I am curious to identify these as they came in PepperJoes Caribean/Hab blend which i realized later i prob shouldnt have ordered since I can't identify the peppers
1st one, distinguished 4 or 3 'cup' shaped at bottom, hot and great fruity? flavor but man if you eat the seeds its super hot hehe, orange (green here since i sun ripen them indoors nowadays: pic1 pic2
2nd one, orange: pic1 pic2)

Other:
Moon and Stars Watermelon
Rotunda Bianca Sfumata Eggplant
Red Amposta onions
Blue Borage? someone gave to me, not sure what used for
Lion's Tail? ^

Anyway let me know if you interested. I don't need that many seeds, just 5 seeds of yours for same of mine (although some varieties i have alot of seeds of since i saved them, so let me know which ones you'd want).

Take care,
Arian

Hey Ninja,,,,Welcome :welcome:

BTW....Have you grown out the Paul Robeson? If so how were they and will you grow again? I think I wanna try them this year....

Hey Ninja,,,,Welcome :welcome:

BTW....Have you grown out the Paul Robeson? If so how were they and will you grow again? I think I wanna try them this year....

Hey thanks Justaguy and ParisHumphrey for the welcome... Pumped to be here.

ParisHumphrey,
Of the 'Black' Tomatoes, Paul Robeson and Black Tula were best. We enjoyed their flavor the most and were very sweet and complex. Black Tula had cracks at the top sometimes but nothing terrible as they just dried out and could cut that off. We will def plant both again next year.
Black Krim I had high hopes for, but unfortunately I didn't get one ripe tomato all season. Just stayed hard and green for some reason ... (and not large enough to make it worth it to bring inside to ripen). Stayed on the vine so long, the gophers? eventually shook them off.

Our favorite tomatoes were those and:

Amana Orange: pretty pure orange, mom liked these the most esp in salads.
Aunt Rubee's German Green: big green tomato, great flavor. My sis liked these the most.
Hawaiian Pineapple: the best in terms of flavor i think with the Black tomatoes. Really pretty too. Orange with red blush.

Black Cherry: large cherry tomatoes with the flavor of black tomatoes.
Idli (cherry): so profuse (like Blondkopfchen, but larger). Must have seen 40-70 flowers on each cluster.

Also of Note...
Green Zebra was a highlight as well, as it just churned out lotsa of medium sized tomatoes that had tasty acidic flavor. Iranians like to BBQ tomatoes on kabob sticks and then eat them, and also put the BBQed tomatoes in their rice. This would be my choice for that :) [although all tomatoees taste great BBQ :) ].
Black Zebra was similar but supposedly has a more black flavor. It was not as profuse as the Green Zebras.
Tim's Black churned out alot of tomatoes as well. I was hoping they would be bigger like pics i saw, but they were more medium sized

P.S. are there any peppers that have the flavor/taste of a Scotch bonnet/Habinero (whatever this pepper might be: http://www.flickr.com/photos/7979944@N04/6252265703/ ), but with half the hotness and 1/4th the hotness? I was reading some peeps call them Seasoning varieties on here. Not sure which ones are musts to plant for more milder dishes and the ladies in my family to eat :).

-Arian

:welcome:

Congradulations on your 1st seasons grow...

Nice grow list for your "tomato regimen", you can't beat the flavor from a vine ripened heirloom.

I'm always game to plant a few of the exotics, but the majority of mine are disease resistant types (VFNT,TSWV,BST)

I like to beat the odds and plant my to-maters early in May if possible, moist soil and weather conditions in the springtime

can be breeding grounds for early Blights, B-Spot and other nemising diseases.

Although theres nothing like a slice from a "Huge Brandywine"

Arian, if your looking for any Scotch Bonnet seeds....just send a PM

Greg

i don't have anything that you are looking for but :welcome: from the
Philippines-Flag.png

Welcome persianninja. can help with a few if you are interested.Let me know and welcome to the pepper! Rich

I am a new member but reading all these posts are a great source of info.

I would like to try my hand at the Bhut Jolokia for the first time. I do have 2 varities of cherry peppers (local names) from Trinidad to trade and a couple of 7 pot seeds left.

Thanks

Back