• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

tomatogrowers.com customer service

I recently bought seeds from Tomato Growers Supply Co. in Ft. Myers. I've done business with them in the past and always had good results, plus they have some hybrids that I wanted (Celebrity and Trust). Now the latter are not cheap - $6.10 for six seeds. Supposedly, from every review, they are worth it: highly disease tolerant, very productive producers of 8-10 oz. uniform red fruit, long shelf life, etc. Plus, they are suppose to produce for 8-10 months.

Alas, the package had only eight seeds, so I e-mailed them telling them I expected two seeds, given their very high (comparatively) cost. An envelop arrived today with another package of ten (I counted them!) seeds.

I know a lot of people use these forums to warn people of shady seed purveyors or even downright thieves, but I think it is also great to know there are dealers like Tomato Growers, Baker Creek, Hippy Seed Company and a few others who really do care about customer satisfaction.

Mike

I bought all but my herb seeds from them this year, and they arrived over here about 3 days: before they arrived from Johnny's. Johnny's is in Maine. TGSC is in FL. Both are great. TGSC is the better one hands down. Good stuff.

Basically I got like 100% germ-rate off of their stuff. Every seed that I gave up on ended up germinating when I dumped the soil into another container.
I'm definitely using them to stock up on the 3 varieties I'm missing for 2011.

My best (or worst) customer service story involves Reamer's (spelling intentional!). I bought some Greenhouse Cucumber seeds from them, also quite expensive, with only 4-6 seeds per pack. Germination was horrible and I called them. I told the guy I was germinating them in Ferti-lome Premier Potting mix, the same mix I had fantastic success germinating peppers and tomatoes in, and used the same methods. Went on to add I was really hoping to get three or four plants as I wanted to grow them hydroponically. He told me, now get this, that was the problem. The plants would not grow in hydroponics so that is why they would not germinate in soil! Imagine - cucumber seeds with ESP that would willingly rot rather than sprout!

They refunded my money but banned me from ordering from them in the future. Wow, has this been a hardship, I've been forced to deal with honest companies who stand behind their products.

Mike

Wordwiz, it's always great to tout the good ones, they deserve it and great info for all of us out here. Understand your last comment, it really sucks to have deal with an honest and custormer service oriented company:rofl: , makes me want to just fo out and get ripped off again and again

I have used them in the past as well. I had ordered a pickling cucumber package and it didnt come with one package of seeds and two of an other. they resent the entire package package and a couple tomato packages as well. The CSR I spoke to was super nice as well.

*** I thought I was talking about another company -- It should have been http://www.totallytomato.com/ **** :banghead: :oops:

I have used them in the past as well. I had ordered a pickling cucumber package and it didnt come with one package of seeds and two of an other. they resent the entire package package and a couple tomato packages as well. The CSR I spoke to was super nice as well.
they sell cucumbers?

I, too, like TGS (Tomato Growers).

I got an extra package of seeds with my order. I have felt guilty that I should pay them for the extra seeds. I'll order from them this fall (peppers), and throw the $3 in and give them a note why :)

Great company.

Don't feel like you have to pay for them. They always give a free pack of seeds, its cheap for them and makes customers happy.

I dont see any cucumbers there. If they did i'd buy some from them.

Your right cause they dont have them there they have them at the site I thought I was at
http://www.totallytomato.com/

sorry for the confusion I'll blame it on the heat wave in New England

Your right cause they dont have them there they have them at the site I thought I was at
http://www.totallytomato.com/

sorry for the confusion I'll blame it on the heat wave in New England

ohh.... so this is where you got your seeds then? same guys that mailed you the same package when the first one didn't arrive?

or are these guys the same as tomatogrowers.com?

coz i've been looking for a good source of pickling cucumber seeds

thanks!

I'm loving the weather. It's only been in the low to mid 90s - hardly what I would call hot. What more could a gardener want!!!

Mike

ohh.... so this is where you got your seeds then? same guys that mailed you the same package when the first one didn't arrive?

or are these guys the same as tomatogrowers.com?

coz i've been looking for a good source of pickling cucumber seeds

thanks!

yes - I bought cukes, onion, tomato and pepper seeds from them -- I had 100% germination and it was a pickling pack they offered Country Fair Cukes, HomeMade pickling Cukes and Mrs. Wages (I think) pickling mix

i haven't left my room in days. i refuse to stray more than 10 feet from the A/C. you can blame the heat wave all you want. i'll understand.

Hopefully will break today or tomorrow maybe some rain then staying in the high 80's 90's which is cooler than it has been - really humid this morning at 530

Hopefully will break today or tomorrow maybe some rain then staying in the high 80's 90's which is cooler than it has been - really humid this morning at 530

oh yeah, definitely humid. i went outside to water the stuff in the fire escape, and a lot of it was covered in dew. it was confusing, because i left some stuff in the bad part of the fire escape, and there were no signs of destruction from rain (when it rains here, ALL of the water that hits the roof is funneled through half of my fire escape).

yes - I bought cukes, onion, tomato and pepper seeds from them -- I had 100% germination and it was a pickling pack they offered Country Fair Cukes, HomeMade pickling Cukes and Mrs. Wages (I think) pickling mix

will be getting from them. can't order from different sites all the time. have to save on shipping coz i live so darn far away. shipping costs are high enough then i have to tackle the problems of wondering if the package would even actually arrive and not get lost or pick pocketed by some selfish schmuck from the local post or something. already lost a package once from oregon? (asiasgarden), i just had to get the yellow bhut! lol. thankfully dave of asiasgarden was nice enough to send me a second package with free seeds for the trouble. got a lot of extra seeds from him.

a fellow member here siling_labuyo will be ordering seeds with my purchase as to save on shipping cost on his side. we live pretty close to hand him his seeds when they arrive. sucks to have to wait for a whole month for seeds. takes that long to get packages from the states here.

oh yeah, definitely humid. i went outside to water the stuff in the fire escape, and a lot of it was covered in dew. it was confusing, because i left some stuff in the bad part of the fire escape, and there were no signs of destruction from rain (when it rains here, ALL of the water that hits the roof is funneled through half of my fire escape).

also been humid and hot here too lately. darn rainy season.

gonna try tomatogrowers too after purchasing from totallytomato.com

Back