• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Too late for my hab?

So let me catch you up on the story of one of my habs.

It was growing fine until I over-fertilized it, but after a couple of flushings it started perking up. Then something got a hold of it and the roots got torn up. After re-potting, the plant lost a lot of leaves. It has looked like this for about a month now, but it is getting some new green (curling) growth up top.

Does anyone know what I could do for it? Or should I just leave it alone and see what happens like I've been doing? Any help is appreciated.

habanero.jpg

A lot of my habs experienced some sort of transplant shock this year, they just sat around for weeks doing nothing till they finally exploded. It was a pretty big setback in my climate zone but oh well, can't do much about it now.

With your long growing season, i suspect you'll see plenty of pods come late august and especially september. Just wait for that sudden growth spurt, cause it will happen. And go easy on the roots when potting that baby up to a bigger container, and stick the plant in shade for a few days recovery when you do so. When you pot up be sure to add plenty of perlite for better root oxygen and drainage (i don't see any in your pic).

Good luck.

That's what I was thinking, but it's always better to hear it from somebody else. I'll give it it's weekly watering and see what happens. Thanks gnome.

And I will definitely do that too Jetchuka. Thanks for the info.

Back