• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Too late to start seeds?

Txclosetgrower said:
The tomato plant, however, is another story. That thing is growing like a friggin weed. Its already up to my knee, and pretty soon I'm going to have to get a cage for it. I pruned off the bottom suckers and the bottom two branches to keep it more tree-like than bushy. I'm waiting on the cage because the wind is doing a great job thickening up the stem.

Ya, certain tomatoes have a tendancy to do that. Two seasons ago we grew a tomato plant that was 15 feet tall...I could post a pick if anyone want to see it.

Txclosetgrower said:
So far so good. I've been watering every day or every other day as planned, feeding with every watering and so far no complaints out of the plants. I figure if they were going to have problems with overwatering, they would have already shown it. So far them canna guys seem to be dead on with their tips for coco

The peppers are slowly but steadily growing (probably more than I can tell, since I look at them all day every day). Everything is perfectly green, only the sun bell has slightly deformed leaves, but it came that way. Doesn't seem to be hurting it at all, but time will tell on that one.

The tomato plant, however, is another story. That thing is growing like a friggin weed. Its already up to my knee, and pretty soon I'm going to have to get a cage for it. I pruned off the bottom suckers and the bottom two branches to keep it more tree-like than bushy. I'm waiting on the cage because the wind is doing a great job thickening up the stem.

The only thing is the top has apparently split into two, and most things I read suggest keeping it a single stem vine....But topping it, even if it is only 1 of two tops, seems a little harsh to me. Pruning side branches is one thing, but I think I'll leave the top alone for now.
As much as U may want to, micro managing will only hurt er'....

Back