• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Too Many Bottles!

salsalady

Business Member
It was getting ridiculous in the fridge.  Hardly enough room to get a 6-pack of beer in the fridge!!!  So I pulled out ALL the sauce bottles and here they are~

IMG_1157.JPG

After condensing the duplicate bottles, tossing those that had about 1/2" of sauce in the bottom and a dozen unlabeled mystery bottles, and setting aside those that can be shared.... I think I pulled out about 50 bottles. 

Here's what's left-

IMG_1159.JPG

Wow!  I can actually see the back of the fridge now!  :lol:

I didn't count them all, but I estimate there were about 90 sauce bottles, which also included some bottles of Hot Chile Sesame oil, sesame oil, dressings, plus some tubs of test sauces, pickled beets.... 

PepperLover said:
wow lady that is alot
nice collection though

not really a collection, just a bunch of sauces that have collected in the fridge over a few years.  Some were several years old. 

HopsNBarley said:
That's a lot of dang bottles.
Gotta keep room for beer!

Priorities...Right?  :lol:
Tinben said:
I need to clear my fridge and buy some of your hot sauce.  :P

Very few of these bottled are my own sauces.  There were several sample bottles that people have send for feedback (many weren't labeled), a bunch that were trades.

The Hot Pepper said:
Hate my sauce cold! The fridge is for beer not hot sauce. 
FRIDGE = BIG NO NO!
Well, most of them said "refrigerate after opening" and a good number were sample/hobby sauces.  Not gonna leave them out. 

I have had some commercially produced sweet/fruit based sauces go bad after a year or so, even being refrigerated the whole time.   The sauces were getting in the way of the beer!  It was time to cull hard!

rebelgrower3 said:
Whoa that was alot of bottles but if it keeps the beer out some have to go. lol

You got it!

salsalady said:
Well, most of them said "refrigerate after opening" and a good number were sample/hobby sauces.  Not gonna leave them out. 

So does ketchup but how many bottles are on tables all day or in little packets that last 100 years? Cold ketchup ruins a burger, and ruins fries. Cold hot sauce has the same effect. It doesn't taste as good. The flavors concentrate and don't breathe. You get one-note flavors like a heavy dose of tomato, with ketchup, instead of the right balance. Putting ketchup on a burger tastes so much better when eating out... that's why.

It's like whiskey or tequila. Same thing.

Okay, carry on. I'll keep mine cool and dry (dark cabinet), but not refrigerated.

Nice SL!!! Our fridge and freezer end up lacking in space due to storing pounds and pounds of peppers. So I know the feeling....... where do I put milk for the kids??? Well I can move these peppers here and this hot sauce here.......... its a frigging puzzle to fit my food and kids food in at times, well most times.

After I run out of room, I usually just start pouring different hot sauces together into one giant bottle.

I've concocted some really wild combinations in my lifetime. It's a shame they can't be repeated once they're gone. ;)

Oh yeah I do that for marinades. 

Pauly, that's an interesting idea! 

Many of these bottles are just too hot for the family to eat. So it's time to move them on to other homes, or for those that were outdate...in the bin! 

I wish I could do that, Nightshade.  That's a great way to keep things under control. 

I had several trades, purchases, and samplers recently that came with sauces hotter than what the family enjoys, so the bottles probably wouldn't get eaten up fast like that.  I open them all to taste them, then in the fridge they go....and sit....as I try to use them up..... And I did have some bottles that were WAY outdated. :blush: 

PLUS!  I pitched all the Mexico sauces that were mentioned in that recent article about lead in sauces made in Mexico.  That took care of about 7 bottles!  :lol: 

The Hot Pepper said:

Cold ketchup ruins a burger, and ruins fries. It doesn't taste as good. The flavors concentrate and don't breathe. You get one-note flavors like a heavy dose of tomato, with ketchup, instead of the right balance. Putting ketchup on a burger tastes so much better when eating out... that's why.

So the rumors are true....The Boss is a "Ketchup Snob".....   :rofl: 

j/k, Jefe~  :D

Yeah SL, I am. Brad's Organic Ketchup. Room temp. :P

That's OK, I'd still share a beer with ya~ 

;)

Back