• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

outdoors Took my boy fishin'!!!!!!!

Ok, for those of you that don't know I have a 3 year old son. He is absolutely the light of my life. I bought hime a fishing rod a few weeks ago and he has been in the back yard practicing with it almost everyday, he dips the line into a bucket of water and starts screaming "DADDY I HAVE A FISH!" so about a week ago I start showing him how to cast, and to my amazement he picks it up and starts casting. I mean not real far mind you but still! So I decided we would go to the park and spend the day fishing, I fully expected it to be me chasing him around the pond trying to keep him from drowning while he catches bugs, but he just cast his little rod with his bobber and sat there so patiently waiting for it to go under. He sat there so focused that he didn't tell me he had to poop, so he did that in his pants! A quick change of clothes later and he was right back to starring at that bobber. What felt like an eternity went by and then BAM! The bobber finally went under. He just started reeling as fast as he could and pulled up a fish! I have never seen such a happy child, or been so proud of him. He sat so still and so calm just fishing, Great day to be a daddy!

Here he is waiting for the bobber to go under (And quite possibly pooping in his pants)
403f7fd5.jpg

Here is his fish! (Notice the different clothes! LOL)
9541959a.jpg

And this isn't from today, But I think its the best picture ever taken of a child! Of course I am pretty partial to this picture because its of my kid... My god I love this picture!
329712c7.jpg

AWESOME! Your son has some freaking patience. My 3 year old would totally be drowning and catching bugs. Hell, I don't even want to let him near the water without some freaking water wings!

That's a win for dad and a win for your son. Good stuff man.

DUDE! that is priceless! those moments you guys will cherish for eternity! i still remember lots of fishing trips with my pops, and now my buddies and i go fishing and they bring there boys and it just AWEOSME!!!

you are awesome

i used to take my late niece fishing and once she beat me

now her child is going to be going with me my wife and my dad,, it is quite possibly one of the best things you can do for and with your children, it really does give you both the oppertunity to touch each others live because it affords you the time to really talk about things with nothing pulling you away like life has a habit of doing

you are a wonderful father keep up the good work
your creating good habits in him

thanks your friend Joe

Thats a handsome young lad. I myself would rather poop my pants than lose valuable fishing time. I reckon I might have been even younger than your son when pop first took me fishing. Since then I've spent countless thousands of dollars and ruined more than a few relationships pursuing the art of traumatizing little fishes for my own amusement and satisfaction. Worth every penny and moment!

MY DAD TOOK ME WHEN I WAS 4 AND IM HOOKED, I AND DAD WILL BE PASSING THE LOVE ON TO SHAILYNN

THANKS YOUR FRIEND jOE

Opening day was this past weekend in CT and I took my seventeen yo son fishing/camping - I woke him up at 545 and went out. Couple hours later he was still sleeping. Oh well fishing at noon isnt bad either :lol: nice time out anyways - enjoy it while it lasts!

Back