• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Total noob Glog

Welcome to my rather lame Glog!!

minechile.png

My list of currently growing

Basket of Fire ornamental
Mystery Plants x5
Datil
Lemon Drop

On order from Cross Country Nursery(couldn't resist the 40% off sale...hehe)
7 Pot Yellow
Berbere
2x Fatalii
Fish
White Habanero
Mucho Nacho Jalapeno Hybrid
2x Scotch Bonnet Yellow
Thai Giant
Thai Yellow
Tobago Seasoning.

Just noticed that most of what I ordered is yellow...lol,

This was my first year trying to grow anything. These were started indoors around early Feb in jiffy pellets with a heat mat, then transferred to plastic cups under a normal fluorescent shop light. The plants grew a bit leggy(some more than others) and some of them outgrew their shelf space two months before the last frost(Mid May in zone 5b). They were put outside in May in bigger pots, hardened off on the porch in the shade, and given their first dose(or overdose) of fertilizer.

This is the Basket of Fire with loads of flowers on a tiny plant. The fruits that ripened indoors were bitter and not all that hot, the ones ripened outdoors were edible with more heat, but nothing really that special

DSC00543.jpg

DSC00544.jpg

This is a Datil plant from eBay(I know I know). I broke the main stem off at the top by dropping something on it and it recovered very quickly

DSC00554.jpg

This is the Lemon Drop from the same eBay seller

DSC00556.jpg

And now onto the Mystery Plants!!!

These mixed seeds were recieved via SASBE from ajijoe. I have no idea what any of them are

This is the plant that I've posted before that had burned leaves from too much fertilizer. I removed most of the spotted/burnt leaves, started watering all of the plants less often, and I'm not going to give it any more fert. It seems to have perked up a bit athough still not in the greatest health and it has even gotten some flower buds.

DSC00545.jpg

This one has black pods/ white and purple flowers. This one has had zero problems growing

DSC00501.jpg

DSC00504.jpg

This one was from a seed still attached to a piece of pod in the bag. That piece of pod was the hottest thing I've ever eaten lol. I saw SLUG TRAILS on this plant recently. Took the salt out one night and got about twenty of them.

DSC00549.jpg

Mystery plant #4 has been leaning to the side, although it has the thickest stem out of all of them. Those are dirt spots on the leaves
DSC00551.jpg

And the last one, a sad purple leafed plant that has never done very well. It got repotted this morning, but I don't know how much that will help it. http://thehotpepper....her-sick-plant/

One of the plants has some distorted looking new growth, but I've never seen an aphid. Can't remember which one it was.

I've got a whole bunch of 5gal root pouches coming tomorrow for the whole lot of them, it seems like they all could use a bit more space..

Datil plant

DSC00723.jpg

Mystery #5(the purpley one that dropped all of its leaves)

DSC00724.jpg

Shredded plant Mystery #2, starting to get buds, might turn this one into a bonsai

DSC00726.jpg

Thai giant, loaded with pods

DSC00727.jpg

yellow 7 pod, looking evil

DSC00731.jpg

Stripey fish peppers

DSC00733.jpg

Yellow bonnets

DSC00734.jpg

Yellow thai peppers

DSC00737.jpg

Lemon drop tree