• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

lighting track systems for grow lights.

This fall I am installing a grow light rail for my indoor grow area. I picked up a 250 watt grow lamp with one of the MH/HPS combo bulbs for 40$ and wanted to try and stretch its grow area of about 3x3. So to do this I have ordered a 6 foot light track system for 114$. Basically the light travels back and forth on this 6 foot track about 20 min each way. This should stretch my grow area to 8x3 for the one light. It will be interesting testing this out now and if it works well invest in a second one to put over my seedlings come the new yr.
Some of the supposed benefits is no hot spots because the light is constantly moving and reduced shadow effects on growth. This is besides the extra footage of grow area gained by it moving.

If any members have already tried or do this please feel free to post and share results on here.

You want to get a Light Rail 3.5 system by Gualala Robotics. It is extremely reliable. However, it won't extend the range of your grow light. It will give your plants coverage from different sides, and can allow a grow light to adequately cover a longer, narrower plant canopy than it otherwise would.

So if your light covers a 4 x 4 area (which a 250 watt would not), a light rail will not extend coverage to a 4 x 8 area. It would allow you to change the shape of the area to 2 x 8.

Back