trade Trade List / Help Rebuilding after Disaster

Have been growing peppers since 2001, and had built-up a beautiful collection of multi-year pepper plants. Indeed, I hadn't had a chance to try-out the superhots yet, as I was having so much success with overwintering my peppers, that there was no place to grow-out the new plants!

Then disaster struck.

Last winter and earlier this year, I fought a massive, loosing battle with aphids, which devastated my plant collection, killing the vast majority of my pepper plants, including ultra-rare varieties, and even my 6 year old rocotos! :banghead:

After many months of spraying the survivors, I FINALLY have the bugs on the run, and am now trying to recover from this nightmare.

I recently ordered some stuff from eBay & elsewhere, but my luck with such sources has been mixed at best (I received some $$$ "crushed" seeds in the mail just this week :rolleyes:), my best stock has always come from fellow growers! So if any of you has any extra seeds that are going to waste that can help me re-build from this disaster, I would be MOST grateful. I would be happy to trade, or send an SASBE, or postage, or $ - whatever you think is fair. I have been going through what seeds I still have around that I can use for trades, and have listed them below.

Things I am looking for include the following -
  • Peach Hab
  • Lemon/Bright-Yellow Hab
  • White Hab (Bullet, Giant)
  • Limo, Yellow one (like CCN)
  • Pimenta da Neyde
  • Yellow Cayenne
  • Purple Cayenne
  • Greenleaf Tabasco
  • Filius Blue
  • Aurora
  • Brainstrain
  • Bhut Jolokia (Red/Yellow/Purple/Chocolate)
  • Other Superhots (will be my first year trying these! :dance: )
  • Other colorful chinense (except Red Savina - one of the few survivors)
  • Rocotos & other c. pubs (especially those that grow well either indoors, or in hot climates!)
  • Anything that is colorful, edible, and HOT!!! :onfire:
Have been going thru what seeds I have around to swap, and have found enough for some small trades of the following (all of these were grown in isolation) -
  • Jamaican Hot Yellow (one of my favorites!)
  • Lemon Drop (pretty, prolific, hot, tasty!)
  • Zimbabwe Bird Pepper (compact plant, prolific, HOT!)
  • Peter Pepper Orange
  • Aji Amarillo
  • Eyeball / Toothache plant (not a pepper, but very unusual/prolific, flowers look like eyeballs, kinda creepy - looks like the plant is staring at you! Leaves and especially the flowers are also a strong local anesthetic, numbs your mouth and lips, hence it's ancient medicinal use as a toothache remedy. Can numb your mouth so much that a grown adult can start drooling uncontrollably if they take too much! LOL :D )
I'm still looking around, to see what other pepper seeds I have saved that I can use for trade.

Any excess/left-over seeds you can spare would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :)

Edit: updated thread sub-title w/new variety, see latest post on pg3 f/details!

The eyeball plant sounded so cool I thought I would help you out and post a link to the info, pictures and reviews I found for it. They actually said it is fun for kids to grow and try. Never knew this existed. Thanks.

Eyeball Plant Reviews

Laserguy, I have chocolate hab, devils tounge, scorpion, naga morich and 7-pot jonah if any of them interest you. They were all open pollenated but grouped togather by type.
Chad

I have Purira seed (Seeds of Change), I wouldn't mind some Zimbabwe Bird Pepper seeds if you don't mind a trade.

Just PM me your address.

I have Beni Higlands left over seeds from Peppermania. Will not be growing
them next year. PM me your address and I will mail to you.

Your welcome, Beaglestorm! Thanks for the informative link! :)

I have some additional info and thoughts on these that I will be posting shortly, but they are pretty amazing plants.

Chad - looking-over your varieties, will PM you shortly!

I have Purira seed (Seeds of Change), I wouldn't mind some Zimbabwe Bird Pepper seeds if you don't mind a trade.
Datil Patch - Sounds good! PM me your addy, and I will do likewise.

roper2008 - Thank You!!! :) - PM Sent!

Hey laser i`ve got appx 70 seed types as of now and still adding for next yr.Pm me if I can help.The list changes weekly as I pull pods.Check out my pro. Rich

Hey brother...since you are in the DFW area and I am in Fort Worth...I have an offer for you...

I am growing Bhut Jolokia, Trinidad Scorpion, three different varieties of red 7 Pot, Yellow 7 Pot, Big Sun Scotch Bonnet, Billy Biker Jalapenos, Orange Habanero, Trinidad Congo, Black Congo, Red Savina, Tabasco, Sweet Banana, and Hot Banana...I have about 345 or so plants total...if you would be interested in taking some of these plants to overwinter you could have second year plants and not worry about seed starting for the varieties I have...

I am going to overwinter a good number but not nearly all I have and all I am going to do with the plants I don't overwinter is throw them in the compost pile...all are in 5 gallon containers and all I ask is that if you do decide to take me up on this offer, please return my containers...you can have them after my last harvest which will be the week after Thanksgiving...

by the way this is my 12 thousandth post...

AJ - are you sure that you're not interested in moving to illinois? nice offer and congratulations on 12k.

and as you have done so many times throughout those posts, you are helping others. That's why you are the best AJ.

Congrats on your 12K! :clap:

AJ, THANK YOU :) for your kind and generous offer!!! I saw your recent Backyard Pepper Video, most impressive! I have not had the opportunity to overwinter plants as massively beautiful as those - I normally grow/overwinter much smaller pots/plants, due to extreme indoor space limitations here. I will certainly find a way to squeeze a few of those beauties in here, though!

Hey, I wonder if I could manage to get my first crop of superhots by early Spring? ;)

I will contact you around/after Thanksgiving then, to make arrangements. Thanks Again! :)

Hey laser i`ve got appx 70 seed types as of now and still adding for next yr.Pm me if I can help.The list changes weekly as I pull pods.Check out my pro. Rich
Rich - THANK YOU! :D I took a look at the list in your profile, and you definitely have a few things that I am looking for! I also have a couple of Aji's that I think you may be interested in as well? Will PM you shortly - Thanks! :)

roper2008 - Your Beni Highlands + Finger seeds arrived earlier - THANKS AGAIN! :)

Datil Patch - Your Zimbabwe seeds are on their way!

The weather out here has been a bit dicey the past few days, so I took them down to the Post office in person yesterday, to make sure they got off to you OK.

Thanks Again for Trading! :)

Now I just need to take some time this weekend to catch-up with this PM thingy... ;)

Chad - trade PM sent!

Hucklebuck - trade PM sent!

(still catching-up on PM's...)

Updated my list above.

Thanks, all! :)

You're welcome, Chad - Thanks for the pods, they were fantastic! :onfire:

The Scorpions were battery-acid hot :fireball: and the Nagas were both hot & flavorful...

But even with exercising an abundance of caution (after my recent experience with a Yellow 7-Pot that snuck up & dang near killed me!), the 7-Pot Jonah STILL kicked my ass! :hell:

I'm beginning to believe that these 7-Pot's are dangerously hot! Not in the "oooh, I just bit into a chocolate hab and my mouth is burning!" kind of way, but more along the lines of "Call 911 - I think I may be having a heart attack!!!" :eek:

Perhaps it's just a matter of getting used to 'em. But I'm beginning to think that some peppers were never meant to be eaten straight - just used in salsa!

But your Nagas were the most pleasant surprise. My first taste of superhots was some powdered Naga Morich, which I found hot but without discernable flavor (kinda like a Super-sized version of Cayenne powder). But your fresh Naga was the best-tasting of the bunch - starting with an almost sweet taste I can't quite put my finger on, combined with a slight Fatalii-type flavor. Best of all, I could continue to fully taste/enjoy the flavor even through the heat! :cool:

Not the hottest ones, but definitely the best-tasting! Don't know if all fresh Naga's taste like this, or you've got some special plant there, but I'm gonna enjoy growing these out, just for the flavor! :dance:

THANKS AGAIN!!! :D

Justaguy - Trade PM sent! :)

I've still got seeds left if you want some laserguy. Got a post around here somewhere in this forum that lists them all. Just let me know if you're interested.

Back