• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

movies Transformers movie

Just seen the trailer.

Hard to make heads or tails of it. Very cryptic, the one i saw. A robot climbing out of a swimming pool, something breaking through a train or something. No proper shots of robots, no signs of whether there will be autobots or decepticons, or whether they'll just make it a "giant robots want to destroy mankind"!

I fear that they might. Or rather, Michael Bay might.

No Optimus Prime = Not Transformers. Let's hope there are "sides".

As you were.

There are Autobots and Decepticons, good vs evil. The movie, however, will suck. Michael Bay killed it. It's going to suck so hard that I will be only seeing it on dvd....probably a pirated dvd so I don't have to waste a penny on the suckfest.

Resons why it will suck:
1. Michale Bay's directing it.
2. Optimus Prime has flames........FLAMES!!!!!! How gay is that?!?!?!
3. Optimus Prime has lips......LIPS!!!!! What do the lips look like? Well, a certain female organ....
4. Megatron is a alien ship, not a gun like the original...ok...well this might be a good thing.
5. No cool, "Chicko cocogawa" transforming sound.
6. The dialog is crap, like B-movie crappy.
12. It's a love story.......A F**KING LOVE STORY!!!!!!!! AGH!!!!!!!!!!
c. Michael Bay's directing it......and Optimus Prime has Flames! FLAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!
8. Bumblebee is a Mustange........gah! This movie is crap.

imaguitargod said:
8. Bumblebee is a Mustange........gah! This movie is crap.

Actually, Bumblebee starts out as a clapped out redneck 76' Camaro and is rebuilt as Chevy's new(soon to be re-released) 09' Camaro.

Looks like it's going to be alright...

Apologies for absence. My new job has not kicked in and I am very very busy indeed. May not be around much.

I saw this and enjoyed it quite a bit. BTW, I always thought those cartoons were shit, but this was surprisingly entertaining. I am no fan of Bay either but this is the sort of stuff he does best...mindless fun popcorn movie.

Of course seeing it at the Alamo helped...as did the ice cold beer!

yeah, i have to admit it was pretty good...and she helped dramatically....

Oh, and i thought it took a bit too long to really get going as well.

I am apt to agree with IGG on this having not seen it.....Boobs??? was that a joke?????.. anyways, I hear that it is a big car commercial. I too will wait until I have nothing on deck with netflix(never happen) or it is absolutely free and no trouble or cost to me whatsoever, it lands in my lap, or better, in the dvd player and I have absolutely nothing to do for 146 minutes or however long(also never happen). And I will then decide how I feel about it and most likely immediately forget about it.

No doubt, it DEFINITELY was a giant GM car commercial. No Boobs, though, but the female lead in that film was damn fine indeed. Actually, the more i think about it, if you took the humans out of it, it would shorten the film about an hour or so and pick it's pace up dramatically. Oh, and i had to go see it because i promised my daughter i'd take her to the movies 2 weeks ago and she could pick the film out......which by the way she could've done much, much worse for a choice of what to see.

Yes I barely dodged "Happy Feet" with Shrek the 3rd. It was OK. The first 2 were better. All in all I guess I would rather have seen transformers, but she is 5. No chance of that.

Back