• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Transplant Sunday

Carol,

Sowed 872 more seeds yesterday, giving me 1556 so far. But that doesn't include two types of basil and two types of strawberries - the seeds were too small to count! If I can transplant 684 of the seeds I sowed yesterday, besides being completely out of room, I'll be thrilled. I still need to transplant another 36 Bhut and 36 Siletz plants.

Mike

plants are looking good, but the way you planted in 1 container would bug me.
to each their own.
I hope you have a bumper crop of seedlings to sell this year & a huge harvest, good luck with your farmers market this year.

Carol,

TBO, I don't know if I'm wasting money and time sowing that many seeds and then transplanting them or if I'll kick myself for not getting more lights and raising more.

I've put a lot of thought into how I can sell the plants, groups to target, advertising (it's free since I own a newspaper and run a couple of web sites), free delivery, even roadside sales. The one thing I didn't think about was getting break apart cells. Not a problem for flowers but I'll need a very sharp pair of scissors if people want less than six pepper plants.

Mike

chilehunter said:
plants are looking good, but the way you planted in 1 container would bug me.
to each their own.
I hope you have a bumper crop of seedlings to sell this year & a huge harvest, good luck with your farmers market this year.

Chilihunter,

It has worked great for the tomatoes and some of the peppers. The key is to make sure the potting soil is deep (~2") and the plants don't get too big.

Knock on wood, of the first group of about toms and peppers I transplanted, 100 percent of them survived. I doubt I'll have that kind of luck with the second bunch. I grew a bunch of peppers in what are called Todd Trays and of the 110 seedlings I transplanted, three or four were too small and three or four didn't come out with all their roots intact.

Mike

My best guess is...

Plant sales will really be good this year, a friend at work was saying many people she knows plan to grow at least something and use the savings for other items in the food budget. Hmmmmm I might just get some toms started.

chicagofire said:
Plant sales will really be good this year, a friend at work was saying many people she knows plan to grow at least something and use the savings for other items in the food budget.

I'm hoping!!!

Mike

Back