Transplanting from Aerogarden to pots

Hi everyone,
I have these plants in the Aerogarden that are getting quite big and will need to be transplanted into pots soon if I want to keep them. They will be going (hopefully) into 50/50 coco coir and perlite.

null_zpsa143ddd1.jpg

I know some guys here use the AG for starting plants. Any tips? should I hit them with the same strength fert they were getting in the aerogarden?

So basically you're keeping it hydro. I haven't gotten to transplant yet, since I'm doing DWC and using expanded clay pellets as a medium. I'd say it would be easier when the root system is not too developed yet to be able to put it in that kind of a medium.

What system are you going to run? Coco and perlite seem ok with an ebb n flow system.

, Walter

Hey Walter

No system just drain to waste.

I am in the process of constructing an ebb flow system which i could then just move the pots into the flood tray but for now just in there pots

Vegas_Chili said:
So basically you're keeping it hydro. I haven't gotten to transplant yet, since I'm doing DWC and using expanded clay pellets as a medium. I'd say it would be easier when the root system is not too developed yet to be able to put it in that kind of a medium.

What system are you going to run? Coco and perlite seem ok with an ebb n flow system.

, Walter

Perlite floats. Probably not the best medium for ebb and flow. 
Pac_Heat507 said:
Hey Walter

No system just drain to waste.

I am in the process of constructing an ebb flow system which i could then just move the pots into the flood tray but for now just in there pots

Got any pics of your drain to waste system? We always like pics .

Jeff H said:

Perlite floats. Probably not the best medium for ebb and flow. 

Got any pics of your drain to waste system? We always like pics .

I wouldn't necessarily call it a system, it is just pots filled with substrate in which you provide most or all of the nutrients, and in which each watering you loose  run off instead of re-circulatind it like in a traditional closed hydro system

EDIT:

pics pf my plants growing in containers with 50/50 perlite. they were sowed on july 5, so i think its fair to say that they are doing well.

null_zps969ee350.jpg

null_zpsd7a632b6.jpg

null_zpsbc2dd48e.jpg

null_zpsa10281b0.jpg

Mine go into good draining dirt-----second stage before planting out.
The dirt is saturated with the juice from the areogarden for transplanting.
During the second stage, they are alternately watered with plain water and hydro nutes, letting wilt a bit before. (Bottom watering)

I have done some where I transplanted (or just moved, if you like) into a larger hydro "ghetto" rig with no substrate, but that system requires supports for the plants.

Back