• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

trendy pepper for 2010 ?

Let's see......The 7 Pod Jonah seems to be popular along with the Trinidad Scorpion Morouga. Of course the 7 Pod Brain Strain is always a hit with the "in" crowd. Some say the Douglah is gaining in popularity and I agree. The chocolate Bhut Jolokia is making a splash for one so new but it's too early to tell if it's going to make the grade. Speaking of new the Yellow Bhut Jolokia has many doubters but I have heard of early success with it. The Trinidad Scorpion CARDI is breaking new ground but that could be due to the generosity of a certain member, rumor has it that it's not in the same heat category as it's cousin the TS Red. Personally I'm looking forward to picking some 7 Pod Primo's this season as I've heard wonderful things. Now I'm not sure if I should say this but I heard through the grape vine that the 7 Pod Brown may be a Douglah in disguise! Oh my, such treachery in the C. chinense this year! One last comment before I run if you want to stand any chance of hanging with the "big boys" you must have a couple of 7 Pod Barrackpores hiding in your garden somewhere.

That's it for now from Access Pepperwood, see ya'll next time!

I think its all the superhots. Like all Scorpion blends, all the 7 pot crosses, and Buths.
And that get me to wounder do ppl really use it? I cant bearly eat a hole jalapeno. But yet i grow 7pot and Scorpions. Just for the fun out of it. But i know i will Never use them!
Mybe i put them in someone i hates food!

Fish pepper anyone? There is more to chile peppers than the superhots!!! I have one growing right now about a foot tall and all decked out with dark green, light green, and creamy white foliage. Absolute show stopper...that being said, i do have the usual bhut jolokia's, fatali's, habanero's etc. I would love to try my hand at some of the 7pots next season though, especially the barrackpore and brain strain. If only I could convince anyone to donate some seed ;)

The only thing I "MUST HAVE" is a successful growing season. I have planted all that I will grow this season and am hoping for the best. I do like hearing about all of the different strains of peppers that others are growing and think Neil's videos are freaking great. I am pretty excited about the Fish Pepper plant that I'm growing from seeds that Silver Surfer sent me and the Fatalli from Matt as well, I have heard they have a great taste. I plan on grinding up some of my superhots for powder to add to my food dishes after the growing season is over. Best of luck to everyone! ;)

10988-lightning-habanero-pepper.jpg
this had some intrest its called lightning habanero. i'll share seeds this fall. not available in stores only i have it other than its creator and a few other people he knows

my MUST have chile every year would have to be Pablanos ( even though it's only ancho when dried some seeds are also called ancho ) it goes into everything i do.

what i really want to try are different varieties of medium chiles, i grew some sort of 7pot a couple years ago, didn't taste like much, blistering hot, but not much taste. could have been me.

i've seen a lot of people this year go back to regular orange habs. but i would say brain strain or barakpore just cause it's new.

xcsports said:
this had some intrest its called lightning habanero. i'll share seeds this fall. not available in stores only i have it other than its creator and a few other people he knows

Wow I want those.LOL please put me on the waiting list.

If you are of the moderate type, the Heritage New Mexico varieties should be hot this year. NMSU has put out the Heritage Big Jim and two years ago put out the Heritage New Mexico #6-4. Next year the Heritage Sandia should be available. But I got to get me some of those 7 pepppers. . . .

I'm very interested in the improved heritage numex peppers, but I don't think they'll ever exactly be trendy around this forum. The trendy ones are usually always the hottest ones these days although my most requested seeds of the year were :Cili Goronong, Bonda ma Jaques, T. scorpion-BT, 7pot/pod, and Douglas

xcsports said:

Looks like a Peter Pepper cross to me -- interesting

Most of my must have are from JUnglerains,cappy,cmpmans and megamastrgr's collections,im sure i lef out a few, I just moved and am living on a second floor wind is very hard hitting up here and any plant that can survive these winds is a must have in my books:)

scorpion
7pod
bhut
bishops
fatalii
cili goronong,

oh yeah i just realized i hav a rip hinkle hatz going to sample tonight. venezuealn purple also very cool looking fruit/color.

djsketchie said:
Fish pepper anyone? There is more to chile peppers than the superhots!!! I have one growing right now about a foot tall and all decked out with dark green, light green, and creamy white foliage. Absolute show stopper...that being said, i do have the usual bhut jolokia's, fatali's, habanero's etc. I would love to try my hand at some of the 7pots next season though, especially the barrackpore and brain strain. If only I could convince anyone to donate some seed ;)

PM me with yur addy........ don't have much seeds remaining to send out.... but i have a whole heap of B7P's growing..... when they produce..... lots of seeds to send around again

Back