• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Tried some Mad Dog 357 CE today. Question about it now.

Ok so I was at Firehouse Subs today and grabbed the bottle of Mad Dog 357 CE off of the counter and dropped about a half dollar size circle of it on my tray. I then took my sandwhich and dipped it into the stuff and was like----------------:mouthonfire: which then went to about this------------:onfire:

Anyway it was pretty damn hot and I wanted to see just how hot it was. Looked ip up and it was a disappointing 600k on the Scoville scale. Reason I say disappointing is I used to eat Blairs Mega Death ALOT and that is 550k and this felt ALOT hotter than that.

So the question is is Blairs really not 550k or is MD 357 CE really hotter than 600k?

Coulda been hotter than normal. The MD coulda been milder than normal. Hard to say. Some days, JD is great, somedays, it seems tooo hot.

Once, I poured Temp Insanity into some soup and each mouthful felt like a fireworks display!:mouthonfire: I wonder at times if our own chemistry has something to do with different reactions on different days.

All sauces are going to vary slightly from batch to batch, but I would think that a bottle's history might be the prime suspect...was it shaken before every use, how long was it exposed to light (in the bottle), etc.

I also find that some sauces work better for some people than others .
I also find that to get the full effect of any sauce you must use listerine mouthwash befor eating it..

shayne

It was just really strange as I have eaten quite a few sauces close to MD 357 CE and NONE of them were anywhere near this hot. Ive tried Blairs Death, AfterDeath, MegaDeath, Possible Side Effects and a few others of his I cant remember. A sauce called the Hot Sauce from Hell The Devils Revenge which had good heat but tasted like ass. Daves, Daves Insanity. This sauce called 100% Pain, which isnt all that great or hot. I have a bottle of this storemade sauce from New Orleans that is called The Worlds Hottest Hot Sauce. Theymade it and bottled it and printed up their own lavel and glued it to the bottle. Its made from ome African hot peppers that I cant remember the name of but they are supposed to be in the 1 mill SHU range and that sauce us dmaned hot too.

Anyway it just felt hotter than 600k to me.

rainbowberry said:
So what did you think of the taste of MD?

Too vinegary for me. I dont like vinegar tasting sauces and vinegar is the first ingredient in this one.

I like Blairs sauces alot because you cant really taste any vinegar in them.

You may have eaten just the extract or unintended extract that forms on top of the sauce after it sits for a few daYS .
my bottle of daves insanity gets about a full teaspoon of oily crude on top of the sauce and that stuff is way hotter than when you mix or shake it first.

shayneyasinski said:
You may have eaten just the extract or unintended extract that forms on top of the sauce after it sits for a few daYS .
my bottle of daves insanity gets about a full teaspoon of oily crude on top of the sauce and that stuff is way hotter than when you mix or shake it first.

:think:

Maybe so, didnt think of that but that shit was HOT HOT HOT and I love hot stuff.

Good point man :)

I think I must be the only one that really dislikes the taste of this sauce, actually I hate the taste of it. It smells medicinal to me and I can't even taste a hint of chilli in it. This was the first sauce containing extract that I ever tried. Unfortunately it's made me very vary about buying another sauce containing extract in case it tastes anything like Mad Dog 357 :(

rainbowberry - I'm the same way like you being weary of buying extract sauces. any hot sauce that contains extracts I put the bottle back or dont order it! I've tried daves insanity,dumbass, & another one (forget the name been long time ago) all of them tasted like crap!!!!!! & you cant even enjoy the hot sauce unless its in a big pot of chilli or something ? but then again that taste :rolleyes: you still taste that crap no matter how much you dilute it :sick:

you cant go wrong with natural ingredients, enjoy the flavor & a sauce you can enjoy eating by its self (hot sauces that dont have extracts in them)

I love the natural sauces too chilehunter. I've heard people say that Blairs is nice but I'm still wary about buying it. When shopping on some sauce sites it would easier if they put the ones with extract into a different section.

yea its time consuming looking through hot sauces to find which ones dont have extracts, & then sometimes they dont show the ingredient list on websites (which is really stupid IMO)

Isn't Jersey Death supposed to be a bit hotter than Mega Death?

Just curious. I try extracts from time to time, but they all have that underlying extract taste....a burnt, chemical taste...that takes the fun out of them. The only extract sauce I've had that didn't have that taste was Defcon 0.

BTW, is Firehouse a new deli in Memphis? haven't lived there in 10 years, but I knew all the good deli's.

Back